Lincoln Blue Tigers
The Lincoln Blue Tigers are the sports teams of Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Missouri. The Blue Tigers participate at the NCAA Division II level in Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA). Lincoln competed in the MIAA from 1970 to 1999 when it left due to not sponsoring a football team since 1989. The university competed in the Heartland Conference from 1999 to 2010, of which, Lincoln is a founding conference member. The school revitalized its football program and reentered the MIAA in 2010.
|Lincoln Blue Tigers|
|Conferences||The MIAA (primary)|
|Athletic director||John Moseley|
|Location||Jefferson City, Missouri|
|Football stadium||Dwight T. Reed Stadium|
|Basketball arena||Jason Gymnasium|
|Baseball stadium||LU Baseball Field|
|Fight song||"LU Fight Song"|
|Colors||Navy Blue and White|
|Men's sports||Women's sports|
|Track and field†||Golf|
|Track and field†|
|† – Track and field includes both indoor and outdoor|
Women's track and field
The Lincoln Blue Tigers women's track and field team made NCAA Division II history by winning the Outdoor Track and Field Championships five consecutive times, from 2003 to 2007. They won a sixth title in 2009 and a seventh in 2014.
- "University Relations - Lincoln University". Retrieved March 23, 2016.
- Lincoln returns to MIAA – St. Joseph News-Press – February 2, 2009
- "DII Women's Outdoor Track & Field". NCAA.com.
- "Lincoln University of Missouri Blue Tigers – Lincoln University Track & Field to be Inducted Into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame". Lincoln University.
- "Lincoln University Songs". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2013-10-18.