It is located in the province of Southern Finland and was part of the Eastern Uusimaa region. The municipality had a population of 1,472 (31 December 2009) and covered an area of 119.64 square kilometres (46.19 sq mi) of which 5.97 km2 (2.31 sq mi) is water. The population density was 12.95 inhabitants per square kilometre (33.5/sq mi).
Coat of arms
Location of Liljendal in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°34.5′N 026°03.5′E|
|• Municipal manager||Sten Frondén|
|• Total||119.64 km2 (46.19 sq mi)|
|• Land||113.67 km2 (43.89 sq mi)|
|• Water||5.97 km2 (2.31 sq mi)|
|• Density||12/km2 (32/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||23.8% (official)|
|• Swedish||74.9% (official)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2009" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-02-25. Retrieved 20 February 2009.
- "Population by municipality as of 31 December 2009". Population Information System (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Archived from the original on 2010-12-02. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Liljentaali - Google Search". books.google.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- Municipality of Liljendal – Official website (in Swedish) (in Finnish)