Front page, 22 June 2009
|Owner(s)||Editoriale Libero LTD|
|Founded||18 July 2000|
|Headquarters||Via L. Majno 42, Milan|
|Circulation||82,680 (as of June 2018)|
History and profile
Libero was first published in July 2000. The founder is the journalist Vittorio Feltri. The owner and publisher of the paper is Editoriale Libero S.r.l.
In February 2007 some members of the Red Brigade were arrested on a charge of wanting to fire-bomb the Libero editorial offices in Milan. The paper has been edited by Maurizio Belpietro since August 2009.
Libero has higher circulation in Lombardy. The 2008 circulation of the paper was 125,215 copies. The paper had a circulation of 113,628 copies in 2009 and 105,123 copies in 2010.
- Eugénie Saitta (April 2006). "The Transformations of Traditional Mass Media Involvement in the Political and Electoral Process" (Conference Paper). Nicosia, Cyprus: ECPR. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Libero (Italy)". Publicitas. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Riformatori Liberali: Siamo l'anima libertaria della Cdl Blog di Benedetto Della Vedova, 14 October 2006
- "Capi br arrestati all'alba dopo summit segreto". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 29 February 2008. Retrieved 27 May 2009.
- Data for average newspaper circulation in 2008 Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Accertamenti Diffusione Stampa.
- "National Newspapers". International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Circulations. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Libero Official Website (in Italian)