Lewis Smith (footballer)
|Date of birth||16 March 2000|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:41, 8 December 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 08:32, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
After signing a professional contract in summer 2016, he appeared for the club's age-restricted teams in three editions of the Scottish Challenge Cup and in the 2018–19 UEFA Youth League, before making his debut for the Accies senior team on 31 October 2018, appearing from the bench for the last ten minutes of a 3–0 away defeat to Aberdeen in the 2018–19 Scottish Premiership.
Smith made his first league start for the club on 10 August 2019 against Kilmarnock at New Douglas Park; he scored the opening goal and created the second in a 2–0 victory, receiving praise for his performance.
Smith has represented Scotland at under-17 youth level; he sat four of his Higher school exams while on international duty at the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Croatia. In August 2019 he was called-up by the under-21 squad, making his debut in September 2019.
- Lewis Smith at Soccerbase
- "Lewis Smith selected for Scotland". St Ninian's High School, Giffnock. 31 August 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "New full time Academy players". Hamilton Academical F.C. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- Dani Garavelli (8 September 2019). "Dani Garavelli: My son the Hamilton Accies baller and what it's like bringing up an aspiring young player". The Scotsman. Retrieved 10 September 2019.
- "Lewis Smith Selected for Scotland U21s Squad". Hamilton Academical Website. 19 August 2019.
- "L. Smith". Soccerway. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Mit dem Rücken zur Wand – Der FC Basel U19 kommt gegen Hamilton Academical nicht über ein 2:2 hinaus" [With backs to the wall - FC Basel U19 did not beat Hamilton Academical, 2–2]. Basellandschaftliche Zeitung (in German). 4 October 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Hamilton Accies UEFA Youth League adventure continues after dramatic penalty victory over Basel". Daily Record. 24 October 2018. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- Clive Lindsay (31 October 2018). "Aberdeen 3 – 0 Hamilton Academical". BBC Sport. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- Hamilton Academical 2–0 Kilmarnock, BBC Sport, 10 August 2019
- "Done Deal for Lewis/Hamilton". Hamilton Academical Website. 24 November 2019.
- Lewis Smith at the Scottish Football Association
- "Lewis Smith Makes Scotland U21 Debut". Hamilton Academical Website. 5 September 2019.