Lendico is a multinational company, operating a peer-to-peer lending platform. The international online marketplace for business and consumer lending was founded in December 2013 by the incubator and venture capitalist, Rocket Internet. After launching in Germany, the company expanded into Spain, Poland, Austria, South Africa, the Netherlands and Brazil. Using the crowdfunding model, the company based in Berlin, Germany, directly connects investors and private and business borrowers. Lendico is led by Friedrich Hubel and co-founder Clemens Paschke.
|Industry||Personal finance, Software|
|Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Brasil|
|Sven Foos, Friedrich Hubel, Daniel Llano Manibardo, Dr. Clemens Paschke|
Number of employees
|Website||www.lendico.com, www.lendico.de, www.lendico.nl, www.lendico.ch, www.lendico.com.br|
Inspired by the business model of the US peer-to-peer lending platform Lending Club and UK based company Zopa, Lendico is a marketplace that enables the link between borrowers and investors. During the first 20 months, the company established itself in Austria, Brazil, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and South Africa, replicating the expansion plan usually used by its creator, Rocket Internet.
The loans are personal loans or SME loans and range between €1,000 - €150,000 in Germany. The interest fee is calculated on the basis of the borrower’s credit score, credit history, desired loan amount and the borrower’s debt-to-income ratio. Lendico determines whether the borrower is creditworthy and assigns to its approved loans a credit grade that determines the payable interest rate and the fees. The loan period can range between 1 and 5 years and be repaid at any time. Only 10% of applications are received on the platform.
Lendico operates completely online with no branch network and relies on proprietary technology to reduce costs and optimize the handling of loan applications. Lendico has repeatedly been nominated as best credit marketplace. In August 2015 Deutsche Börse Venture Network selected Lendico to become member of its programme of growth companies and national and international investors.
- Comparison of crowd funding services
- "Lendico Adds SME Loans | P2P-Banking.com". www.p2p-banking.com. Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- Adepoju, Paul (7 February 2014). "Africa Internet Holding launches Lendico marketplace in South Africa". Human Ipo. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Seibel, Karsten (15 May 2014). "Warum jetzt sogar Online-Banken von gestern sind". Welt. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Lendico continues international expansion". Altfi.com. Retrieved 2014-09-16.
- "Lendico starts lending in Brazil". Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- Neuhaus, Carla (15 June 2014). "Woran Berliner Start-ups arbeiten". Tagesspiegel. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Impressum | Lendico.de". www.lendico.de. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Rocket Internet is getting ready to launch peer-to-peer lending platform "Lendico"". Venture Village. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Hesse, Martin (31 March 2014). "David gegen Goliath". Spiegel. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Räth, Magdalena (7 April 2014). "Lendico leiht Geld in Österreich (Update: und in Südafrika)". Gruender Szene. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Lendico Launches in Brazil | P2P-Banking.com". www.p2p-banking.com. Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- "Fast Growing P2P Platform Lendico Enters Dutch Market". Crowdfund Insider. Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- "Préstamos privados, facturas y bonos, alternativas al crédito bancario". El País. 9 February 2014.
- Mungadze, Samuel (16 April 2014). "A form of online stokvel". Financial Mail. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Michelle, Kuepper (2 December 2014). "Rocket Internet's P2P lending venture Lendico has lift-off". Venture Village. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Heismann, Günter (12 April 2014). "So funktioniert der Kredit vom Nachbarn". Wirtschafts Woche. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Mungadte, Samuel (9 April 2014). "Lendico opens loan facility". Business Day. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Platz 1 Kreditmarktplatz - Lendico | BankingCheck.de". www.bankingcheck.de. Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- "Lendico now part of Deutsche Boerse Venture Network". Retrieved 2015-08-31.