Lenah Valley, Tasmania
|Population||5,940 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Hobart|
The eastern end of Lenah Valley was first settled near the older area of Mount Stuart. The Newlands manor house was built in the late 1830s and had surrounding agricultural interest such as orchards. The manor house influenced development of the surrounding area and ensured that quality homes were built in the surrounding area in order to maintain the reputation of the area. It is currently used as a venue for events such as wedding receptions. Newlands House is now officially in the suburb of Mount Stuart.
The main arterial thoroughfares are Augusta Road, Creek Road, Lenah Valley Road and Girrabong Road. Lenah Valley Primary School and Immaculate Heart of Mary Primary School are found in the area.
Businesses include Calvary Hospital, the Pura Milk factory (formerly Tasmaid and during the 1960s and early-1970s known as "Baker's Milk"), a brickworks (no longer producing, with the land currently being redeveloped for residential purposes) and a number of private services providers. A small retail shopping strip is found on Augusta Road.
John Turnbull Park is the main recreational area, with another bushland reserve at Ancanthe Park, home of the Lady Franklin Museum (named for Jane Franklin).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Lenah Valley (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "TRAMWAY EXTENSION". The Mercury. Hobart, Tasmania. 27 September 1922. p. 4. Retrieved 8 March 2014 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Lady Franklin Gallery". Arts Society of Tasmania. Retrieved 8 March 2014.