Lemon ice box pie
Lemon ice box pie is a dessert consisting of lemon juice, eggs, and condensed milk in a pie crust, frequently made of graham crackers and butter. It is a variant of Key lime pie; in both, the citric acidity sets the egg yolks, with minimal baking.
|Place of origin||United States|
|Main ingredients||Pie crust (graham crackers, butter), lemon juice, eggs, condensed milk|
Lemon ice box pie is a signature dish of Clancy's in New Orleans.
- List of lemon dishes and beverages
- The Dinner Doctor - Anne Byrn - Google Books
- Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook - Martha Hall Foose - Google Books
- The Southern Foodie: 100 Places to Eat in the South Before You Die (and the Recipes That Made Them Famous) - Chris Chamberlain - Google Books
- Brett Anderson (26 March 2012). "Former Clancy's chef to open Annunciation restaurant in New Orleans' Warehouse District". The Times-Picayune NOLA.com.
- 500 Things to Eat Before It's Too Late: and the Very Best Places to Eat Them - Jane Stern, Michael Stern - Google Books