Leitner & Kraus
|Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (Deutschland) GmbH (like Ltd.)|
|Josef Leitner and Wolfgang Kraus|
Number of employees
Clarinets of different moods are produced with the German and the French fingering system as well as those with the Reform Boehm system. With German system (Oehler) 10 models in Bb and A, of which one is a Viennese model with further bore, three models in C, and four in D and high-Es are offered. The lower section is covered by three basset horns in F and three long bass clarinets ranging to low-C. With the French system (Boehm) the company manufactures four models in Bb and A, with the reform Boehm system six models in Bb and A, a Bassett clarinet in Bb and A and three models in C, D and Es, as well as a basset horn in F. The instruments are made to order, using grenadilla wood, on special request also from boxwood or cocobolo.
While some clarinet makers dispense with the production of mouthpieces, Leitner & Kraus devotes special attention to this important part and offers a configurator for the right choice of mouthpiece on its website. There are mouthpieces for German and French clarinets, with different track lengths and web openings, made of “Zelltec”, a composite material, and of "cast wood" (linea verde), a material developed by the company.
- Musical Life in Germany, 2019, p. 236
- Eric Hoeprich, The Clarinet, Yale University Press, 2008, p. 211, 212
- Rebecca Trescher, Clarino (Online-magazine), 17.Mai 2017, Clarinets by Leitner & Kraus
- The other models in Bb and A are also made on request with the Vienna bore.
- Publication and description
- Wolfgang Schicker: Award for Middle Franconian Workshop, 8. April 2016
- Blasmusik (Online-magazine), 20. Juni 2009, New mouthpieces by Leitner and Kraus