Fisher in April 2018
|Date of birth||19 April 1984|
|Original team(s)||Sandringham / Mentone Grammar School|
3 August 2003, St Kilda|
vs. West Coast Eagles, at Docklands
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||92 kg (203 lb)|
|2003–2008||St Kilda||55 (5)|
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Fisher was recruited as the number 46 draft pick in the 2002 AFL Draft from Sandringham. He made his debut for St Kilda in 2003 against the West Coast Eagles in Round 18. Fisher went on to become a regular fixture in the Saints' best 22 playing as a small defender in 2006 and 2007.
In 2008, Fisher played in St Kilda’s 2008 NAB Cup winning side – the club's third preseason win. However, he fell out of favour in the 2008 season. His last game for the Saints was in Round 11, 2008 against the Western Bulldogs. He did not play a game in 2009 and on 13 November 2009 Fisher was delisted by St Kilda.
Fisher was redrafted by St Kilda as a rookie player but was again delisted following the 2010 season.
Fisher originally wore number 22 until 2005 when he changed to number 6. He later wore the number 37 after he was redrafted. Over his career Fisher played in one AFL final and one NAB Cup final.
- "St Kilda wins NAB cup". The Age. 8 March 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "Saints are NAB Cup Champions in 2008". Jeld-Wen. 8 March 2008. Archived from the original on 20 November 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- Browne, Ashley (14 February 2013). "Fisher joins the whistle blowers". Australian Football League. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "3. Leigh Fisher – AFLUA". aflua.com.au. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leigh Fisher.|
- Leigh Fisher's profile on the official website of the St Kilda Football Club
- Leigh Fisher's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Leigh Fisher's umpiring statistics from AFL Tables