Le Champlain is the second ship of the Ponant Explorers-class of cruise ships operated by Ponant. Each member of the class has been allocated the name of a famous French explorer, and Le Champlain is named after Samuel de Champlain, "The Father of New France".
|Port of registry:||Wallis and Futuna|
|Laid down:||20 April 2017|
|Acquired:||27 September 2018|
|Maiden voyage:||25 October 2018|
|Class and type:||Ponant Explorers-class cruise ship|
Built by VARD, Le Champlain had her hull constructed in VARD's Tulcea yard in Romania, where her keel was laid down on 20 April 2017. A year and one week later, on 27 April 2018, she arrived at the builder's Søviknes facility in Ålesund, Norway, for final outfitting. She was delivered to Ponant in Ålesund on 27 September 2018.
- Gibson, Rebecca (15 September 2017). "Ponant names four newbuilds after French explorers". Cruise&Ferry.net. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Groizeleau, Vincent (4 July 2017). "Ponant : Mise sur cale des Bougainville et Dumont d'Urville" [Ponant: Staging of Bougainville and Dumont d'Urville]. Mer et Maritime (in French). Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Stephenson, Josh (4 June 2018). "Ponant's upcoming ship Le Lapérouse is one step closer to delivery". World of Cruising. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Bond, Mary (5 October 2018). "Ponant's newest Explorer yacht Le Champlain to be named in Saint Malo". Seatrade Cruise News. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Le Champlain en escale inaugurale à Honfleur" [The Champlain in inaugural call at Honfleur]. HAROPA (in French). 8 November 2018. Retrieved 18 November 2018.