Le Bougainville is the third ship of the Ponant Explorers-class of cruise ships operated by Ponant. Each member of the class has been allocated the name of a famous French explorer, and Le Bougainville is named after Louis Antoine de Bougainville, a French admiral and explorer.
|Port of registry:||Wallis and Futuna|
|Maiden voyage:||15 April 2019|
|Class and type:||Ponant Explorers-class cruise ship|
Built by VARD, Le Bougainville had her hull constructed in VARD's Tulcea yard in Romania. By October 2018, she was ready to be transferred to the builder's Søviknes facility in Ålesund, Norway, for final outfitting. She was delivered to Ponant in Norway in early April 2019.
- Gibson, Rebecca (15 September 2017). "Ponant names four newbuilds after French explorers". Cruise&Ferry.net. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Staff writer (15 October 2018). "Le Bougainville Ready for Transit to Norway". Cruise Industry News. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Gibson, Rebecca (11 April 2019). "Ponant's newest Explorer ship prepares for maiden cruise". Cruise&Ferry.net. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Staff writer (8 April 2019). "Ponant Takes Delivery of Le Bougainville". Cruise Industry News. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Vincent Groizeleau (4 June 2019). "Ponant : Le Bougainville baptisé à Marseille". Mer et marine. Retrieved 12 June 2019.