Laurel and Hardy (TV series)
Laurel and Hardy is an American animated television series and an updated version of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy's comedic acts by the animation studio Hanna-Barbera and Larry Harmon Productions. Harmon had been developing the series since 1961, while Stan Laurel was still alive, although Laurel had very little involvement. A total of 156 shorts were made, each having its own opening and closing wrap-arounds, to make them easy to air in syndication. In a majority of the cartoons, after Laurel and Hardy get into a mess of trouble, almost each one of them ends with Laurel whimpering in a high register. As Oliver Hardy had died, Jim MacGeorge provided the voice of Ollie, while Harmon voiced Stan. They would later reprise their roles in an episode of The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
|Laurel and Hardy|
|Voices of||Larry Harmon|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||156|
|Running time||5 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Larry Harmon Production|
David L. Wolper Productions
|Distributor||Wolper Television Sales|
|Original release||September 10, 1966 –|
March 25, 1967
Congress Video Group released two volumes containing episodes from this cartoon series. Volume 1 contained the following episodes: "Can't Keep a Secret Agent", "How Green Was My Lawn Mower", "Handle With Care", "Camera Bugged", "Plumber Pudding", and "Robust Robot". Volume 2 contained the following episodes: "Copper Bopper", "Feud For Thought", "Love Me, Love My Puppy", "Squawking Squatter", "Goofy Gopher Goof-Up", and "Sassy Sea Serpent".
- "A Laurel and Hardy Cartoon". TV.com. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Letters From Stan-May 1961". Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "Letters From Stan-January 1963". Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- Laurel and Hardy at the Big Cartoon DataBase bcdb.com February 9, 2011
- Larry Harmon's Laurel & Hardy (Thorpe & Porter)' at the Grand Comics Database
- Laurel and Hardy Extra at the Grand Comics Database
- Larry Harmon's Laurel and Hardy (DC Comics)' at the Grand Comics Database
- Pasko, Martin (2008). The DC Vault: A Museum-in-a-Book with Rare Collectibles from the DC Universe. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Running Press. p. 139. ISBN 0762432578.
Unpublished 1972 Laurel and Hardy cover by Henry Scarpelli with Superman figure redrawn by Joe Orlando.
- "Larry Harmon's Laurel & Hardy cartoons, volume 1 (VHS tape, 1986)". [WorldCat.org]. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Larry Harmon's Laurel & Hardy cartoons, volume 2 : a Laurel & Hardy cartoon. (VHS tape, 1986)". WorldCat.org. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Larry Harmon. "Coffret Laurel et Hardy dessins animes - Larry Harmon : DVD & Blu-ray". Amazon.fr. Retrieved 2015-02-17.