|Arena||Íþróttahúsið á Laugarvatni|
|Team colors||Orange, Black|
In March 1983, Laugdælir finished first in its group in 2. deild karla and played KFÍ, Breiðablik and Íþróttafélag Menntaskólans á Egilsstöðum (ÍME) in they playoffs for the 2. deild championship and promotion to 1. deild karla. According to the rules at the time, each team would play the other three once and the team with the best win-loss record would be crowned champions. Laugdælir won two out of three games and finished tied with KFÍ and Breiðablik. As the rules did not count for any tie-breakers, the three teams were slated to meet again to decide the winner. During the second try, KFÍ lost to Breiðablik in the first game, 78-77, but won Laugdælir in the second game 79-76. Laugdælir however won Breiðablik leaving the teams again tied, thus meaning that a third playoff would be held to decide the winner. During the third playoff, KFÍ won Breiðablik but lost to Laugdælir. As Breiðablik won Laugdælir the teams were once again tied. Prior to the fourth playoffs, the Icelandic Basketball Federation decided that if the teams would once again finish tied, the team with the best scoring record would finish first. The fourth playoff was held from 30 April to 2 May and there Laugdælir won both KFÍ and Breiðablik convincingly and were crowned 2. deild karla champions.
In 2016-2017 they had a joint team with neighbouring club Hrunamenn and posted the best record in Division II and defeated Gnúpverjar in the D2 Finals, claiming the Division II championship and a promotion to Division I.
Laugdælir is the team that has won the most Division II championships (4).
- Icelandic Second Division (4):
1As Laugdælir/Hrunamenn, a joint team with Hrunamenn
Laugdælir women's team participated in the top-tier 1. deild kvenna during the 1981-1982 season.
- (in Icelandic) KKÍ: Laugdælir - kki.is
- "Þrjú jöfn í Keflavík". Þjóðviljinn (in Icelandic). 15 March 1983. p. 9. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- "Aftur jafnt í 2. deild". Þjóðviljinn (in Icelandic). 29 March 1983. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- "Úrslit í 4. sinn í 2. deild í körfu". Tíminn (in Icelandic). 28 April 1983. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- Samúel Örn Erlingsson (3 May 1983). "Að lokum fóru Laugdælir upp". Tíminn (in Icelandic). p. 11. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- 3. deild 2015-2016
- Gnúpverjar Íslandsmeistarar 3. deildar karla í körfubolta í ár!
- 2. deild karla 2016-2017
- Iceland 2. deild karla - kki.is Archived 2012-03-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Hrunamenn/Laugdælir sigurvegarar í 2. deild karla
- Samúel Örn Erlingsson (3 May 1983). "Að lokum fóru Laugdælir upp". Tíminn (in Icelandic). Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Stórmót í körfubolta". Dagblaðið (in Icelandic). 2 October 1981. Retrieved 27 August 2018.