Latrobe Council is a local government body in Tasmania, situated in the north of the state, east of Devonport. The Latrobe local government area is classified as rural and has a population of 10,699, it encompasses the principal town, Latrobe, and the nearby localities including Port Sorell, Sassafras and Wesley Vale.
<mapframe>: Couldn't parse JSON: Syntax error
Map showing the Latrobe local government area.
|Population||10,699 (2016 census)|
|• Density||19.5/km2 (51/sq mi)|
|Established||1 January 1907|
|Area||550 km2 (212.4 sq mi)|
|Region||North West Tasmania|
History and attributes
|Suburb||Census population 2016||Reason|
|Local government total||10,699||Gazetted Central Coast Local Government Area|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Latrobe (Tas) (M)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Agency Details: Latrobe Municipal Council". search.archives.tas.gov.au. Tasmanian Government. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Local government national report 2014-2015". regional.gov.au. Australian Government. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. "2016 Census QuickStats". Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- Latrobe Council official website
- Local Government Association Tasmania
- Tasmanian Electoral Commission - local government