Late Night Berlin
|Late Night Berlin|
|Directed by||Klaas Heufer-Umlauf|
|Presented by||Klaas Heufer-Umlauf|
|Opening theme||The Heavy – What Makes a Good Man|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||43 (as of May 27, 2019)|
|Running time||55 minutes (with commercials)|
|Production company(s)||Florida TV|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||March 12, 2018 –|
The concept of the show includes the classic elements of a late-night show such as stand-up, interviews with celebrity guests and a musical appearance. There are also recurring segments and a studio band with different names but actually the band named Gloria and is led by Mark Tavassol. The Florida TV author and producer Jakob Lundt appears as a sidekick.
At the beginning of an episode Heufer-Umlauf performed a traditional stand-up monologue, before changing to a seated. After that one of various recurring segments appears, followed by the first of the episode's guests, which usually include celebrities and actors, literary figures, people in fashion, artists, athletes, and politicians. The guest may return after a second recurring segments and at the episode's end followed by a musical guest.
Already in July 2017 ProSieben announces a new weekly comedy show with Klaas Heufer-Umlauf for Spring 2018. At the beginning of February 2018 it was finally announced that the late night show named Late Night Berlin premiered on March 12, 2018.
In 2018, Late Night Berlin was not recorded in Berlin as the title suggests. However, since its 3rd season began in 2019, it is now flimed at the eastern side of Berlin. This programme is produced by Florida TV, and its 4th season will be returned on September 23, just after summer break.
|No.||Original air date||Guest(s)||Musical/entertainment guest(s)|
March 12, 2018
|Anne Will||Casper feat. Ahzumjot|
|171 Tage – Im Laberinth der Macht (with Heinz Strunk and Kevin Kühnert): a sketch about German Government formation 2017/18|
March 19, 2018
|Heike Makatsch, Jessica Schwarz||Tocotronic|
|Music video: Smart Home H**ensohn, Das kleine Helene-Fischer-Quiz|
- Druck ablassen mit Klaas. Stern. March 12, 2018. German. (Retrieved March 13, 2018)
- „Late Night Berlin“: neue wöchentliche Show mit Klaas Heufer-Umlauf startet im März bei ProSieben. meedia. February 4, 2018. German. (Retrieved March 13, 2018)
- Glenn Riedmeier (July 14, 2017): "Ein Mann, eine Wahl": ProSieben gibt Details zu Polittalk von Klaas Heufer-Umlauf bekannt. TV Wunschliste. German. (Retrieved March 13, 2018)
- Glenn Riedmeier (February 5, 2018): "Late Night Berlin": Klaas' neue ProSieben-Show startet Mitte März. TV Wunschliste. German. (Retrieved March 13, 2018)
- "Late Night Berlin - Studio Berlin Adlershof". EndemolShine Germany. German. (Retrieved June 23, 2019)
- Sidney Schering (March 13, 2018): «Late Night Berlin»: Quotenstart nach Maß. Quotenmeter. German. (Retrieved March 13, 2018)
- Sidney Schering (March 20, 2018): «Late Night Berlin» gibt nach, bleibt über Senderschnitt. Quotenmeter. German. (Retrieved March 20, 2018)