Larceny (1948 film)
Larceny is a 1948 American film noir crime film directed by George Sherman starring John Payne, Joan Caulfield, Dan Duryea and Shelley Winters.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Sherman|
|Produced by||Leonard Goldstein|
|Screenplay by||William Bowers|
Herbert H. Margolis
|Based on||Lois Eby|
John Fleming (novel The Velvet Fleece)
|Music by||Leith Stevens|
|Edited by||Frank Gross|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Con man Rick Maxon (Payne) tries to swindle war widow Deborah (Caulfied) into giving up her savings for a nonexistent memorial. When Rick falls in love with Deborah he has pangs of remorse. But he reckons without enamored moll Tory (Winters) and his gang boss Randall (Duryea).
- John Payne as Rick Maxon
- Joan Caulfield as Deborah Owens Clark
- Dan Duryea as Silky Randall
- Shelley Winters as Tory
- Dorothy Hart as Madeline
- Richard Rober as Max
- Dan O'Herlihy as Duke
- Nicholas Joy as Walter Vanderline
- Percy Helton as Charlie Jordan
- Walter Greaza as Mr. Owens
- Patricia Alphin as Waitress
- Harry Antrim as Mr. McNulty
- Russ Conway as Detective
- Paul Brinegar as Mechanic
- Don Wilson as Master of Ceremonies
- Larceny at the American Film Institute Catalog.
- Laura. "Laura's Miscellaneous Musings". blogspot.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Larceny". imdb.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Guillen, Machael. "NOIR CITY 8: PITFALL (1948) / LARCENY (1948): Eddie Muller's Opening Night Intro". twitchfilm.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Larceny (1948)". mrqe.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Larceny". filmaffinity.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Larceny (1948)". nytimes.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.