Lanham is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census it had a population of 10,157. The New Carrollton station (the terminus of the Washington Metro's Orange Line) as well as an Amtrak station are across the Capital Beltway in New Carrollton, Maryland. Doctors Community Hospital is located in Lanham.
Location within the state of Maryland
Lanham (the United States)
|Coordinates: 38°58′01″N 76°51′43″W|
|• Total||9.2 km2 (3.6 sq mi)|
|• Land||9.1 km2 (3.5 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.05 km2 (0.02 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||597661|
Government and infrastructure
Prince George's County Public Schools serves Lanham CDP.
Residents of the CDP are divided between James McHenry Elementary School and Seabrook Elementary School. All residents are zoned to Thomas Johnson Middle School and DuVal High School.
Other area schools:
- Elementary schools
- Catherine T. Reed Elementary School
- Gaywood Elementary School
- Magnolia Elementary School
- Robert Goddard Montessori School
- Middle schools
- Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary/Equip Institute
- Grace Presbyterian Church
- Trinity Reformed Presbyterian Church (Orthodox Presbyterian Church)
- Lanham Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
- Lanham United Methodist Church
- Murugan Temple of North America
- Prince George's Muslim Association
- Sri Siva Vishnu Temple
- St. Theodore Greek Orthodox Church
- Diyanet Center of America
- Kingdom Hall for Jehovah's Witnesses
- New Dimensions Church
- Daryl Ferguson, Barbadian footballer
- Robert Griffith, former NFL strong safety
- Frank Kratovil, former US Congressman
- Jermaine Lewis, former NFL wide receiver
- Guy S. Meloy, Jr., former US Army general
- Peter Tork, bass guitarist and keyboardist in the American pop band The Monkees
- Lio Rush, professional wrestler
- "Lanham". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lanham CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- "Doctors Community Hospital". Doctors Community Hospital website. Doctors Community Hospital. 2009-01-29.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lanham CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- "District 2 Station - Bowie." Prince George's County Police Department. Retrieved on September 9, 2018. "District 2 Station - Bowie 601 SW Crain Highway Bowie, MD 20715 ". Beat map. 2010 U.S. Census Bureau index map of Brock Hall CDP as well as the detail on Page 1.
- "LANHAM SEABROOK." U.S. Postal Service. Retrieved on September 11, 2018. "9801 LANHAM SEVERN RD LANHAM, MD 20706-9998"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Lanham CDP, MD." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD HIGH SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- Home. Academy of Saint Matthias the Apostle. Retrieved on September 1, 2018. "9473 Annpolis [sic] Road, Lanham, MD 20706"