Landmark Aviation is an aviation services company that offers a wide variety of services at MRO repair centers, at FBOs in the United States and Canada and within its aircraft sales, charter and management business. The company also operates Associated Air Center, a transport completion center.
Landmark Aviation is derived from a company called "Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated" which operated for about a year before being rebranded in October 2005. Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated was in turn created from the merger of three companies (Garrett Aviation, Piedmont Hawthorne, and Associated Air) which were all owned by the Carlyle Group.
In September 2012, the company was acquired by The Carlyle Group, with Landmark now having 51 locations.
In December 2012, the company acquired First Aviation at Teterboro Airport (TEB).
In April 2014, Landmark purchased RSS Jet Centre, adding 3 FBOs in the United Kingdom and Ross Aviation, a network of 20 FBOs in the Continental United States and Hawaii, expanding its total holdings to 60 locations in the US and 76 total worldwide. The Ross Aviation purchase closed in August of the same year.
In May 2015, Landmark purchased the assets of Era FBO,LLC and began operating the former Million Air FBO at Anchorage Ted Stevens International Airport, AK (ANC).
In February 2016, BBA Aviation (competitor Signature Flight Support's parent company) acquired Landmark Aviation's 195 global locations including FBOs, MROs and its charter/management division for $2.065 billion. The terms of the acquisition required the divestment of six co-located FBO locations.
- See "Dubai Aerospace Buys Standard Aero, Landmark for $1.9B," Defense Industry Daily, August 2, 2007.
- "Encore FBO, GTCR and Platform Partners Complete Acquisition of Landmark Aviation FBOs," "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-12-23. Retrieved 2009-01-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link).
- "The Carlyle Group Partners with Management to Acquire Landmark Aviation"
- "Landmark Aviation to Acquire First Aviation Services at Teterboro Airport (TEB)" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquire-first-aviation-services-teterboro-airport-teb
- "Landmark Aviation Acquired RSS Jet Centre" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquire-first-aviation-services-teterboro-airport-teb
- "Landmark Aviation Signs Agreement to Acquire Ross Aviation" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquire-first-aviation-services-teterboro-airport-teb
- "Landmark Aviation Completes Acquisition of Ross Aviation" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-completes-acquisition-ross-aviation
- "Landmark Aviation Acquires Island City Flying Service in Key West" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquires-island-city-flying-service-key-west-eyw
- "Landmark Aviation Acquires Southwest Airport Services in Houston (EFD)" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquires-southwest-airport-services-houston-efd-0
- "Landmark Aviation Begins Operations in Anchorage(ANC)" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-begins-operations-anchorage-anc
- "BBA Aviation completes the acquisition of Landmark Aviation" https://www.signatureflight.com/about/news?prid=1722
- "Ross Aviation Acquires Six Former Landmark FBOs" https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2016-07-01/ross-aviation-acquires-six-former-landmark-fbos