Landmark (formerly known as Parkers-Iron Springs) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Pulaski County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 3,555 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Location of Landmark in Pulaski County, Arkansas.
|Coordinates: 34°36′34″N 92°19′19″W|
|• Total||9.29 sq mi (24.06 km2)|
|• Land||9.21 sq mi (23.86 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.20 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Landmark is located at 34°36′34″N 92°19′19″W (34.609573, -92.321972).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 9.3 square miles (24 km2), of which, 9.2 square miles (24 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (8.18%) is water.
There is a small lake, Landmark Lake.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,499 people, 1,434 households, and 1,059 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 378.0 people per square mile (145.9/km²). There were 1,564 housing units at an average density of 168.9/sq mi (65.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 85.05% White, 11.37% Black or African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.51% Asian, 0.74% from other races, and 1.91% from two or more races. 1.66% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,434 households out of which 26.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.8% were married couples living together, 10.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.1% were non-families. 22.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.44 and the average family size was 2.82.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 20.9% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 29.7% from 45 to 64, and 11.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 96.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $39,766, and the median income for a family was $47,813. Males had a median income of $31,782 versus $25,205 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $19,508. About 3.4% of families and 4.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.8% of those under age 18 and 1.1% of those age 65 or over.
Landmark is part of the Pulaski County Special School District. It has one school in the CDP, Landmark Elementary School, whose mascot is the Cardinals.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Landmark Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "American FactFinder". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "PCSSD - Board Zones". www.pcssd.org. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- Home. Landmark Elementary School. Retrieved on May 27, 2018. "16712 Arch Street Pike Little Rock, AR 72206 "