Lancashire Witch was an 0-4-0 locomotive with rear mounted cylinders inclined at 45 degrees driving to the front wheels. The rear wheels were powered via coupling rods. The boiler had two flue tubes and the locomotive burnt coke, aided by bellows on the tender. It was the first locomotive with steel springs. It was the first locomotive built by Robert Stephenson and Company.
London, Midland and Scottish Railway Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 locomotive 6125 was originally named Lancashire Witch. This loco was built by the North British Locomotive Company at Glasgow in September 1927 and withdrawn in October 1964 as 46125 3rd Carabinier.
- Skempton, Sir Alec (2002). A Biographical Dictionary of Civil Engineers in Great Britain and Ireland: 1500 to 1830. Thomas Telford. ISBN 0-7277-2939-X.