Lamb (2015 Ethiopian film)
Lamb is a 2015 Ethiopian drama film directed by Yared Zeleke. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. It was the first Ethiopian film to be included in the Official Selection. It was screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival. The film was selected as the Ethiopian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards but it was not nominated.
|Directed by||Yared Zeleke|
|Produced by||Ama Ampadu|
|Written by||Yared Zeleke|
|Music by||Christophe Chassol|
|Edited by||Véronique Bruque|
|Distributed by||Haut et Court (France)|
An Ethiopian boy whose mother recently died is placed by his father with relatives, together with a sheep. His host wants him to sacrifice his lamb for the upcoming religious feast, and the boy decides to travel with his sheep to a mountain top he can see in the distance.
- Rediat Amare as Ephraïm
- Kidist Siyum as Tsion
- Welela Assefa as Emama
- Surafel Teka as Solomon
- Rahel Teshome as Azeb
- Indris Mohamed as Abraham
- Bitania Abraham as Mimi
Marinell Haegelin wrote for kinoctics.com this film was "part poignant drama, part travelogue". The cast was praised as "endear(ing)".
- "Complement to the Official Selection". Cannes Film Festival. 23 April 2015. Archived from the original on 5 May 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Screenings Guide". Festival de Cannes. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Sandra Bullock's 'Our Brand Is Crisis,' Robert Redford's 'Truth' to Premiere at Toronto". Variety. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "81 Countries In Competition For 2015 Foreign Language Film Oscar". AMPAS. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Director Yared Zeleke's Film 'Lamb' is Ethiopia's Official Submission to Oscars". Tadias Magazine. 10 October 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Ephraim und das Lamm (Lamb)". kinocritics.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.