Lake Summit is a natural freshwater lake in Winter Haven, Florida. It has a 65.97-acre (267,000 m2) surface area and is somewhat oval in shape. It has two small coves on its north side. This lake is surrounded by residences around most of its perimeter. It has a public park, Lake Summit Park, on part of its west side, and Legoland Florida's water park is on its southeast shore. A boat canal on the south side of Lake Summit leads to Lake Eloise.
|Location||Polk County, Florida|
|Type||natural freshwater lake|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Max. length||2,000 feet (610 m)|
|Max. width||1,845 feet (562 m)|
|Surface area||65.97 acres (27 ha)|
|Surface elevation||131 feet (40 m)|
|Settlements||Winter Haven, Florida|
Lake Summit has not public swimming areas. Lake Summit Park has a public boat ramp. Also, the lake may be reached by boat via canal from Lake Eloise. Lake Summit is indirectly linked to many other lakes on the Winter Haven Chain of Lakes. The lake may be fished from shore at the park or by boat. The Hook and Bullet website says Lake Summit contains largemouth bass, bluegill and crappie.
- Coordinates (27.9988, -81.6948) in Wikimapia website, http://www.wikimapia.org/ .
- Fishing Works website, http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/florida/polk/eloise/lake-summit/ . The coordinates provided by this website were not used, as they pointed to a location very much off center in the lake. The coordinates were extrapolated from the Wikimapia website.
- Polk County, Florida, website, http://www.polk-county.net/subpage.aspx?menu_id=52&nav=res&id=4964 .
- Polk County Water Atlas, http://www.polk.wateratlas.usf.edu/lake/default.asp?wbodyatlas=lake&wbodyid=160719 .
- Polk County website.
- Hook and Bullet website, http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-lake-summit-cypress-gardens-fl/ .