Lafayette Township, Coles County, Illinois
Lafayette Township is one of twelve townships in Coles County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,822 and it contained 2,285 housing units. The Coles County Memorial Airport is located in this township.
Location in Coles County
Coles County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 39°29′N 88°18′W|
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||36.27 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.19 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||705 ft (215 m)|
|• Density||133.2/sq mi (51.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61920, 61938, 62440
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.27 square miles (93.9 km2), of which 36.19 square miles (93.7 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
- Rolling Green
The township contains three cemeteries: Bethel, Montgomery and Rest Haven Memorial Gardens.
Airports and landing strips
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Lafayette Township, Coles County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.