Lady Brigid Guinness
Lady Brigid Katharine Rachel Guinness (30 July 1920 – 8 March 1995) was the youngest daughter of Rupert Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh, and wife of Prince Frederick of Prussia, grandson of Wilhelm II, German Emperor.
|Lady Brigid Guinness|
|Princess Frederick of Prussia|
|Born||30 July 1920|
|Died||8 March 1995 74) (aged|
Albury, Hertfordshire, England
Prince Frederick of Prussia
(m. 1945; died 1966)
Major Anthony Patrick Ness
(m. 1967; died 1993)
Princess Victoria Marina
Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington
|Father||Rupert Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh|
Brigid was born in London, fifth child and youngest daughter of Rupert Guinness, 2nd Earl of Iveagh (1874–1967, son of Edward Guinness, 1st Earl of Iveagh), and his wife, Lady Gwendolen Onslow (1881–1966, daughter of William Onslow, 4th Earl of Onslow). She belonged to the Guinness family, Irish Protestants noted for their accomplishments in brewing, banking, politics and diplomacy.
Brigid married on 30 July 1945 at Little Hadham, Hertfordshire to Prince Frederick of Prussia (1911–1966), fourth son of William, German Crown Prince, and his wife, Duchess Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, and grandson of Wilhelm II, German Emperor.
- Prince Frederick Nicholas (born 3 May 1946) married non-dynastically, Hon. Victoria Lucinda Mancroft (born 7 March 1952, daughter of Stormont Mancroft, 2nd Baron Mancroft) on 27 February 1980 in London and has issue.
- Beatrice von Preussen (born 10 February 1981)
- Florence von Preussen (born 28 July 1983) married Hon. James Tollemache (son of Timothy Tollemache, 5th Baron Tollemache) on 10 May 2014, and has issue:
- Sylvie Beatrice Selina Tollemache (born 2 March 2016)
- Augusta von Preussen (born 15 December 1986) married Caspar Helmore on 19 September 2015
- Frederick (Fritz) Stormont von Preussen (born 11 June 1990)
- Prince Andreas (born 14 November 1947) married non-dynastically, Alexandra Blahova (born 28 December 1947) on 2 January 1979, and has issue:
- Princess Victoria Marina (born 22 February 1952) married Philippe Alphonse Achache (born 25 March 1945) on 3 May 1976, and has issue:
- George Jean Achache (born 8 June 1980)
- Francis Maximilian Frederick Achache (born 30 April 1982)
- Prince Rupert (born 28 April 1955) married non-dynastically, Ziba Rastegar-Javaheri (born 12 December 1954, into a family of wealthy Iranian industrialists) on 5 January 1982 in London, and has issue:
- Brigid von Preussen (born 24 December 1983)
- Astrid von Preussen (born 16 April 1985)
- Princess Antonia (born 28 April 1955) who married Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington on 3 February 1977 at St. Paul's Church, London, and has issue.
She married secondly, on 3 June 1967 at Old Windsor, Berkshire to Major Anthony Patrick Ness (1914–1993); they had no children.
Titles and styles
- 30 July 1920 – 7 October 1927: The Honourable Brigid Guinness
- 7 October 1927 – 30 July 1945: Lady Brigid Guinness
- 30 July 1945 – 3 June 1967: Her Royal Highness Princess Frederick of Prussia
- 3 June 1967 – 8 March 1995: Lady Brigid Ness
|Ancestors of Lady Brigid Guinness|
Notes and sources
- http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007233&tree=LEO Genealogics – Leo van de Pas – Friedrich, Prinz von Preussen
- Eilers, Marlene. Queen Victoria's Descendants. Rosvall Royal Books, Falkoping, Sweden, 1997. pp.17-18, 124-125, 172. ISBN 91-630-5964-9
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XIV. "Haus Preußen". C.A. Starke Verlag, 1991, pp. 148-149. ISBN 37-980-0700-4.
- Milani, Abbas. Eminent Persians, The Men and Women Who Made Modern Iran, 1941-1979, Volume 1, Syracuse University Press and Persian World Press, Syracuse, New York, 2008. pp.661-664. ISBN 978-0-8156-0907-0
- thePeerage.com – Lady Brigid Katherine Rachel Guinness
- L'Allemagne dynastique, Huberty, Giraud, Magdelaine, Reference: vol V page 262