Ladies Special is an Indian television series that airs on Sony Entertainment Television. It premiered on 25 May 2009 along with a host of other new TV shows, as part of a major revamp by Sony TV. The show is about the lives of a group of ladies who travel by the Ladies Special suburban railway train in Mumbai. Season 1 went off air on 14 December 2009. Season 2 premiered on 27 November 2018 with new story and a new cast, Season 2 ended on 16 August 2019.
|Directed by||Kaushik Ghatak|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||293|
Vipul D. Shah
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Optimystix Entertainment|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Picture format||576i |
|Original release||25 May 2009 –|
16 August 2019
The story is set in Mumbai and is a take on the lives and challenges faced by women in big cities and how they sometimes find hope, encouragement and companionship in the most unlikely places. In this case, the protagonists are four women – Shubha Joshi (Neena Gupta), Nanda Shinde (Shilpa Tulaskar), Bubbly Chaddha (Ashita Dhawan), and Pooja Singh (Payel Sarkar) – who travel to work and back by the Ladies Special train,
The story revolves around the lives of 3 passengers who meet in a Mumbai Ladies Special train & become friends, sharing their problems with each other while commuting to work. The three protagonists - Prarthana, Meghna and Bindu face all adversities in life together & continue marching forward with the hope of a brighter future.
Meghna Nikade (Girija Oak) is a Marathi woman, with a positive, never-give-up attitude. Her family consists of her husband Mandar Nikade (Vishnu Bholwani), three kids Sachin Nikade (Archisman Pal) , Swapna Nikade and Bindu Nikade and father-in-law (Arun Vaidya). She belongs to a lower-middle class family. She wishes to run a garment company, Swapna Garments. Her neighbour Jyoti (Neha Chandra) is her best friend and business partner.
Prarthana Kashyap (Chhavi Pandey) is a stolid Bihari 30 year old and hardworking woman who works in a telecom company. Her family consists of her mother Rachna Kashyap (Parveen Kaur), a housewife, her father, who is unemployed and a brother Punit Kashyap (Aditya Ranvijay) who is a cab driver. She finds it difficult to pay her flat's rent and make ends meet. Although she is short tempered, she is soft natured and is kind hearted. She is married to Viraj Parimal
Bindu Desai (Bijal Joshi) is a beautiful, vivacious and a Gujarati housewife. Her husband Dr. Amar Desai (Ojas Rawal) is a cardiologist by profession. Amar was forced to marry Bindu due to some reasons, but he actually loves another woman, also a doctor, Dr.Kangana Rajawat (Jia Mustafa). Amar confesses about Kangana to Bindu on first night and Bindu accepts the truth without any hesitation, much to the surprise of Amar. Though Bindu's married life is not smooth, she doesn't show her uneasiness and always carries a smile on her face. Her family consists of Mota Papa (Dilip Darbar) and Mota Mami.
- Neena Gupta as Shubha Joshi - A married woman who realizes a dark secret about her marriage.
- Shilpa Tulaskar as Nanda Shinde - Mother of teenaged children, trying to maintain balance between work and the challenges faced by her children
- Ashita Dhawan as Bubbly Chaddha - the happy go lucky one, who smiles despite the financial hardships she faces
- Payel Sarkar as Pooja Singh - Caught in an abusive relationship.
- Fatima Sana Shaikh as Nanda Shinde's daughter Geeti
- Sreejita De as Shivangi
- Sandeep Kulkarni as Shivam Shinde
- Akash Khurana as Vipul Joshi
- Harsh Chhaya as Karan Singh
- Satish Sharma as Mintoo Chaddha
- Sailesh Gulabani as Abhay
- Varun Badola as Vinay Josh
- Chhavi Pandey as Prarthana Viraj Parimal, a stolid Bihari woman who works hard and single-handedly looks after her parents and younger brother. She works at a telecommunication company in Khar and lives in middle class colony in Borivali.
- Bijal Joshi as Bindu Desai, a cheerful Gujarati woman married to a doctor that loves another woman. She also works as mehendi artist in weddings. She lives in a high-rise apartment in Goregaon.
- Girija Oak as Meghna Nikade, an optimistic mother of three young children who strives to find a solution to all her problems to make sure her family is happy. She lives in a lower middle class colony in Virar.
- Sahil Chaddha as Viraj Indrajit Parimal, a rich intern who works under Prarthana as he was instructed to be a middle class boy by his billionaire father to learn the lessons of business.Now he is Prathana's Husband
- Ojas Rawal as Dr. Amar Desai, Bindu's husband who loves another woman but was forced to marry Bindu because of his family and is now friends with Bindu. A talented heart surgeon at Jeevandeep Hospital on SV Road. He leaves Jeevandeep Hospital as he wanted to operate on Mota Papa who was admitted in New Lifecare Hospital.He currently works as an assistant to the Head of Cardiology in this hospital and has promised the Hospital trustees to open a heart transplant centre in New Lifecare Hospital. Later, after Bindu get engaged to Umed, he realizes that he loves her not Kangana.
- Vishnu Bholwani as Mandar Nikade, Meghna's husband, an honest, hard working and a super- supportive of Meghna..
- Arvind Vaidya as Baba, Meghna's supportive and ailing father-in-law and Mandar's father.
- Dilip Darbar as Mota Papa, Bindu's supportive father in law and Amar's elder uncle who took his responsibility as Amar's parents died in a car accident.
- Jia Mustafa as Kangana Rajawat, Amar's love interest
- Inderjeet Sagoo as Subodh, Prarthana's former love interest who was already married.
- Parveen Kaur as Rachana Kashyap,Prarthana's mother, a simple housewive who tries to manages everything and keep everyone happy. She is always worried for her children.
- Archisman Pal as Sachin Nikade, Mandar and Meghna's son, who is named after Sachin Tendulkar.
- Neha Chandra as Jyoti, Meghna's neighbour and best friend who is a business partner in Meghna's business, Swapna Garments.
- "Fatima Sana Shaikh's Ladies Special Might Return With Season 2,Will She Return To Small Screen?". Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Ladies Special on Sony TV". Retrieved 8 December 2018.