La Verdad (Murcia)
La Verdad is a Spanish language daily newspaper based in Murcia, Spain. It is the largest newspaper of the Murcia province as well as of the Albacete province. During 53 years it had presence in the Alicante province, being discontinued from the Land of Valencia in 2017.
|Publisher||La Verdad Multimedia, S.A.|
|Founded||1 March 1903|
El Correo Español
El Diario Vasco
El Diario Montañés
History and profile
La Verdad was first published on 1 March 1903. The paper became part of the Vocento Group in 1988. The company also owns ABC, El Correo Español, El Diario Vasco, El Diario Montañés and Las Provincias, among the others. The publisher of La Verdad is La Verdad Multimedia, S.A.
The headquarters of La Verdad is in Murcia and the paper serves for the provinces of Murcia, Alicante and Albacete. It has editions for Murcia, Cartagena, Lorca and Albacete. The online edition of the paper was launched in 1998.
José María Esteban served as the editor-in-chief of La Verdad.
In 1993 La Verdad had a circulation of 46,919 copies. The circulation of the paper was 40,832 copies in 2002. Its 2009 circulation was 35,136 copies. The circulation of the paper was 30,500 copies in 2011. The paper had a circulation of 20,524 copies and 197,000 readers in 2014.
- José A. García Avilés; Klaus Meier; Andy Kaltenbrunner; Miguel Carvajal; Daniela Kraus (2009). "Newsroom integration in Austria, Spain and Germany". Journalism Practice. 3 (3): 285–303. doi:10.1080/17512780902798638.
- "WAN-IFRA XMA Cross Media Awards 2010". WAN IFRA. 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Cierra el diario 'La Verdad' en Alicante, tras más de medio siglo informando". Diario Información. 24 January 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Regional Press. La Verdad". Vocento Group. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Media group Vocento restructures its operations in Malaga". Sur in English. 10 May 2008. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- David Ward (2004). "A Mapping Study of Media Concentration and Ownership in Ten European Countries" (PDF). Dutch Media Authority. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- José Alberto García Avilés; Miguel Carvajal (2008). "Integrated and Cross-Media Newsroom Convergence". The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies. 14 (2): 221–239. doi:10.1177/1354856507087945. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Victoria Carrillo; Ana Castillo; María Jiménez-Fernández (2012). "The boom and the establishment of "blogs" in online regional press in Spain". Observatorio (OBS*) Journal. 6 (4). Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Facts of Spain". Florida International University. Archived from the original on 21 June 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "La Verdad". Cesanamedia Italy. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 23 February 2015.