La Salamandre (magazine)
|Publisher||Éditions de La Salamandre|
|Country||Switzerland (and France)|
History and profile
La Salamandre was established in 1983 by an 11-year-old boy, Julien Perrot. La Salamandre is a non-profit-making company and its magazines do not contain any advertising. The magazine had 6,000 subscribers in 1997 and 30,000 in 2013, mainly in Switzerland and France.
A nature magazine for children (6-10 years) is also published, in French (La Petite Salamandre; English: "The Little Salamander"). It had 18,000 subscribers in 2013. A German version was also created (Der Kleine Salamander) for German-speaking Switzerland and Germany.
La Salamandre holds a yearly nature festival, the "Festival de la Salamandre". It celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2012. In 2011, La Salamandre also founded annual nature event in Switzerland, the "Fête de la nature".
- La Salamandre, no. 218, October 2013, 114 pages. Special issue for the thirty years of the magazine.
- Serge Jubin, "Julien Perrot, la yourte, les blaireaux et les sandales", Le Temps, 16 August 2010.
- "La naissance de La Salamandre", Radio Télévision Suisse, 26 October 2012 Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Ghislaine Bloch, "Rentable, La Salamandre veut rester fidèle à son idéal de la nature", Le Temps, 15 October 2013.
- Olivier Perrin, "Pour son 200e, « La Salamandre » barrit", Le Temps, 4 October 2010.
- Laureline Duvillard, "Julien Perrot fête les 30 ans de son journal, La Salamandre", www.24heures.ch, 5 October 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Lucia Sillig, "Le Festival Salamandre fête ses dix ans", Le Temps, 26 October 2012.
- Interview with Mathieu Vidard, La Salamandre, no. 218, October 2013, pp. 100-101.