La Crosse Tribune
|Headquarters||401 3rd St. N.|
La Crosse, WI 54601
The La Crosse Tribune was founded in 1904 as a result of public dissatisfaction and distrust created by a light and power monopoly in La Crosse.
The Tribune has been at 401 N. Third St. in downtown La Crosse since moving into a new building in 1973. The building was remodeled in the mid-1990s to accommodate a regional distribution center. It is part of the River Valley Newspaper Group which includes:
- Two daily newspapers: The La Crosse Tribune and Winona Daily News;
- Five weekly papers: Coulee-Courier, Houston County News, Tomah Journal/Monitor Herald, Vernon County Broadcaster & Westby Times;
- Four weekly Foxxy Shoppers covering Sparta, Tomah, Viroqua, and La Crosse Wisconsin;
- A monthly "Home Buyers Guide"; and
- Several special publications covering many aspects of River Valley life.
- "Lee Enterprises: Newspapers". Lee Enterprises. Retrieved 2006-12-19.
- La Crosse Tribune
- Winona Daily News
- The Coulee News
- Jackson County Chronicle
- Onalaska Holmen Courier-Life
- Houston County News
- Tomah Journal
- Vernon Broadcaster
- Westby Times
- Inside Preps
- River Valley Newspapers website