|Type||Daily business newspaper|
|Founded||22 May 1881|
|Circulation||18,736 (second half of 2012)|
|Sister newspapers||De Tijd|
History and profile
L'Echo was first published on 22 May 1881. The paper is owned by Mediafin which is also the owner of the Flemish business daily De Tijd. Both papers offer financial and economic news.
L'Echo is headquartered in Brussels. In March 2012 it began to be published in Berliner format.
- "Media Landscape Media Claims" (PDF). European Social Survey. May 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 August 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "L'Echo and de Tijd named media of the year". Adnative. 10 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "New sizes for L'Echo and De Tijd". Adnative. 29 March 2012. Archived from the original on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- Pierre Musso; Philippe Souêtre; Lionel Levasseur (1995). The Printed Press and Television in the Regions of Europe. Council of Europe. p. 133. ISBN 978-92-871-2807-2. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- David Ward (2004). "A Mapping Study of Media Concentration and Ownership in Ten European Countries" (PDF). Dutch Media Authority. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Official web site (in French)