L'Ascension is a municipality in the Laurentides region of Quebec, Canada, part of the Antoine-Labelle Regional County Municipality. The area is known as La Vallée de la Rouge (English: The Valley of the Rouge (river)).
Location within Antoine-Labelle RCM.
Location in central Quebec.
|Coordinates: 46°33′N 74°50′W|
|Constituted||September 23, 1905|
|• Mayor||Yves Meilleur|
|• Federal riding||Laurentides—Labelle|
|• Prov. riding||Labelle|
|• Total||351.60 km2 (135.75 sq mi)|
|• Land||341.90 km2 (132.01 sq mi)|
|• Density||2.5/km2 (6/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
- Population in 2011: 844 (2006 to 2011 population change: -2.0 %)
- Population in 2006: 861
- Population in 2001: 783
- Population in 1996: 755
- Population in 1991: 662
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 410 (total dwellings: 853)
- English as first language: 0%
- French as first language: 96.5%
- English and French as first language: 0%
- Other as first language: 3.5%
- Reference number 324625 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 79050 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- Statistics Canada 2011 Census - L'Ascension census profile
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- "About Us." Saint Agathe Academy. Retrieved on September 4, 2017. See Elementary zone map and Secondary zone map - Note that all areas covered in the elementary map are also covered in the secondary one.