L'Équipe (TV channel)
L'Équipe, often called La Chaîne L'Équipe to distinguish it from its newspaper namesake, is a French television channel, launched in 1998 under the name of L'Équipe TV. It was founded and started to broadcast on 1998. On 12 December 2012 L'Équipe TV became L'Équipe 21 and started broadcasting on the French DTT. Rebranded L'Équipe (without 21) in September 2016, the channel currently airs in French and in HD.
L'Equipe logo (for TV on screen, from 2016-present)
|Launched||31 August 1998|
|Owned by||Amaury Group|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.9% (July 2017 , Médiamétrie)|
|Slogan||La première chaîne 100% sport, 100% gratuite|
|Headquarters||Boulogne-Billancourt and Issy-les-Moulineaux|
|Formerly called||L'Équipe TV (1998-2012)|
L'Équipe 21 (2012-2016)
|Canal||Channel 137 (HD)|
On August 31, 1998, the Amaury Group launched the television version of the sports newspaper L'Équipe.
On Wednesday, March 5, 2012, following its call for applications for the broadcasting of six national high-definition channels on DTT, the CSA auditioned the Amaury group's project. The group presents a unique project L'Équipe TV, renowned for the opportunity L'Équipe HD. The channel is supported by the French National Olympic and Sports Committee and horse racing companies at the expense of the other sports channel project, RMC Sport HD presented by NextRadioTV.
On 27 March 2012, the CSA announced that the project L'Équipe HD was selected to be one of the six new HDTV channels.
On 25 July 2012, the CSA awarded it channel 21 on the TNT. The Amaury Group decided to include this number in the name of the channel, L'Équipe HD was renamed on November 14, 2012 into L'Équipe 21.
The channel was relaunched on 12 December 2012 at 18:00 by Lionel Rosso and Gaëlle Millon.
In September 2013, the channel revised its program schedule. Thus, on weekends, the channel launches an incarnated morning live, as well as the slice Samedi / Dimanche Live the day. During the week, a new program specialized in Football, Formula Foot, is created. A debate issue, Question de sport, is launched and a survey magazine, L'Équipe Investigation, is programmed in an event-driven manner.
- "Le groupe Amaury lance la chaîne L'Equipe TV - Les Echos". www.lesechos.fr (in French). Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "Appel à candidatures pour la diffusion de 6 chaînes en haute définition sur la TNT". csa.fr. 14 March 2012.
- "Le CNOSF offre un soutien de poids au projet de chaîne de l'Equipe-TV". lexpress.fr. 22 December 2011.
- "TNT HD : La numérotation officielle des 6 nouvelles chaînes". hdnumerique.com. 25 July 2012.
- "La nouvelle chaîne gratuite L'Équipe 21 veut "partager tout le sport"". France 24. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Official website (in French)