Kyle Stolk (born 28 June 1996) is a Dutch competitive swimmer, who specializes in freestyle events. He won a silver medal in the boys' 200 m freestyle at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics in Nanjing, and finished seventh as a member of the Dutch swimming squad in the 4×200 m freestyle relay at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Stolk currently trains for the swimming league at PSV Eindhoven, under the tutelage of his coach and three-time Olympian Marcel Wouda.
|Full name||Kyle Stolk|
|Born||28 June 1996|
Edenvale, Gauteng, South Africa
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
Stolk launched into the global scene as a junior swimmer at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics in Nanjing. There, he nearly charged to the front at the final stretch of the boys' 200 m freestyle, before fading to a runner-up finish in 1:48.59, trailing the Italian swimmer Nicolangelo di Fabio by a small fraction of a second.
Two years later, Stolk was selected to the Dutch swimming roster at his senior Olympic debut in Rio de Janeiro, competing only in the men's 4×200 m freestyle relay. He swam through the third quarter of the race with a split of 1:47.59 to deliver the Dutch foursome of Dion Dreesens, youngster Maarten Brzoskowski, and anchor Sebastiaan Verschuren a seventh-place time in 7:09.10, holding off the Belgians from the end of the final field by more than two seconds.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Kyle Stolk". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Youth Olympic Games: Liliana Szilagyi Vaults to 3rd in World in 200 Fly". Swimming World Magazine. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- Blijboom, Luuk (24 July 2017). "Stolk: niet piekeren, maar zwemmen" [Stolk: "Don't worry, I can still swim"] (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Zilver op Jeugd Olympische Spelen voor zwemmer Kyle Stolk uit Eindhoven" [Eindhoven's swimmer Kyle Stolk wins silver at the Youth Olympic Games] (in Dutch). Omroep Brabant. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Ranomi Kromowidjojo, Sebastiaan Verschuren Lead 17 Swimmer Dutch Olympic Roster". Swimming World Magazine. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Men's 4×200m Freestyle Relay Final". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 26 August 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "USA Men Earn Gold In 800 Free Relay; Phelps Takes Home 21st Gold Medal". Swimming World Magazine. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2016.