Coat of arms
|Coordinates: 51°58′N 16°49′E|
|• Total||1.67 km2 (0.64 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||75 m (246 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|• Density||930/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
Krzywiń was first referred to in scripts as Crivin in 1181. But it was not until 1237 that the area's reputation grew as a prominent marketplace. It was then that it was referred to as a town. Incorporation of the town followed in 1257.
There are three schools in Krzywiń. There is a primary school, a junior high school and a high school.
- From the Polish "Nazwy Miast Wielkopolski" (English: Names of Towns in Greater Poland) by Zofia and Karol Zierhofferowie pp. 82-83; Publisher: "Wydawnictwo Poznańskie" (English: Publishing House of Poznań); Year of Publication: 1987; ISBN 83-210-0680-9
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Krzywiń.|