Kreuth

Kreuth is a municipality in the district of Miesbach in Bavaria in Germany.

Kreuth
The bath house ("Wildbad") at Kreuth

Coat of arms
Location of Kreuth within Miesbach district
Kreuth
Kreuth
Coordinates: 47°39′N 11°45′E
CountryGermany
StateBavaria
Admin. regionOberbayern
DistrictMiesbach
Government
  MayorJosef Bierschneider (CSU)
Area
  Total122.26 km2 (47.20 sq mi)
Elevation
787 m (2,582 ft)
Population
 (2018-12-31)[1]
  Total3,570
  Density29/km2 (76/sq mi)
Time zoneCET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes
83708
Dialling codes08029
Vehicle registrationMB
Websitewww.rathaus-kreuth.de

Schloss Ringberg

The castle Ringberg was owned by the dukes of Bavaria and was donated to the Max Planck Society in 1973.

Wildbad Kreuth

The springs were first mentioned in 1490. The first bath house was built in 1511 by Abbot Henry V. of Tegernsee. The buildings, still owned by the Duke in Bavaria, are let to the Hanns-Seidel-Foundation and used for political gatherings of the Christian Social Union of Bavaria.

References

This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.