Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar
Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar (KTJ), is a co-educational international school in Mantin, Seremban District, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, founded in 1991. Its Primary School is a day school for pupils between the ages of 4 and 11 while its Secondary School offers boarding for students from the age of 11 to 19. Day schooling is also possible in the Secondary School. It is a British curriculum school.
|Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar|
|Type||International Boarding school|
|Motto||Loyalty, Learning , Leadership|
|Founder||Y.A.M. Tunku Naquiyuddin, Tunku Laxamana Negeri Sembilan, Y.A.M. Tunku Tan Sri Imran and Y.A.M. Tunku Dara Tunku Tan Sri Naquiah|
|Principal||Dr. Glenn Moodie|
|Age||3 to 18|
|Houses|| Irinah |
|Colour(s)||Maroon and grey|
The school is a member of the Federation of British International Schools in South East Asia (FOBISIA), Association of International Malaysian Schools and the Council of International Schools.
In the Secondary School, there are nine houses. Each house is named after the late Tuanku Ja'afar's children and grandchildren. The Junior House is divided into separate sections for girls and boys. There is also a day house for the junior boys and girls. There are three Senior Girls Houses and four for the Senior Boys. The boarding houses offer shared rooms with the possibility of single rooms for a few students in certain houses in the Sixth Form. They also offer a pantry, common area , TV Rooms, libraries and in senior houses, gyms. The Naquiah Day House is the most newly built being completed as of January 2019. The other houses have all gone through renovation with the exception of Nadzimuddin House which would be renovated in the summer of 2019.
- Naquiah Boys House - Junior Boys
- Naquiah Girls House - Junior Girls
- Naquiah Day house - Junior Boys and Girls House (day students)
- Alia - Senior girls
- Irinah - Senior girls
- Jawahir - Senior girls
- Imran - Senior boys
- Nadzimuddin - Senior boys
- Nadzaruddin - Senior boys
- Naquiyuddin - Senior boys
The school provides meals 4 times daily to its students (except holidays), which are breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. For holidays, brunch will be provided, where the students get to enjoy paninis, grilled foods, pancakes, Asian foods and Western foods. The dining hall has been renovated during 2015-16 . The dining hall has a panini station with grills, a salad bar, vegetarian area , a grill and a noodle area.
The school has two rugby and football fields, a hockey field, a cricket field, four basketball courts (2 indoors and 2 outdoors), a netball court, six badminton courts, two volleyball courts, a jogging track, two swimming pools (mid-size and beginner pools), three squash courts and two gyms. A climbing wall is also available.
Students at KTJ participate in the following sports and games:
- Inter-school tournaments (West Seremban District and NS state levels) in football, rugby, cricket, hockey, badminton, basketball, tennis, netball, table tennis and volleyball. As a member of Fobissea, KTJ also takes part in competitions with other international schools in South-East Asia. In addition KTJ also takes part in ISAC and KLISS competitions in Malaysia.
- Inter-House tournaments, which are organised by the Physical Education Department
- Term One – cross-country, rugby (boys), basketball (boys), hockey (girls)
- Term Two – netball (girls), football and athletics
- Term Three –basketball (girls), hockey (boys) and swimming
The students are encouraged to play in the daily evening games, which are organised by the Physical Education Department from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 pm.
The Physical Education Department has over the years organised the following tournaments:
- West Seremban District Level Tournaments – Basketball, volleyball and hockey.
- NS State Level Tournaments – Athletics, cricket, handball, badminton, swimming, table tennis and basketball
- National Level – Cricket (SUKMA).
- FOBISIA Games U15 and U13
- KLISS Competitions U15, U13, U18
Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar offers a wide range of activities that students may participate in after school hours. Each student must take up at least 2 clubs and a sport whilst in secondary school, or 1 club and 1 sport whilst in the sixth form. The clubs and societies in KTJ are run at an extremely high level and often spur members on to excellence outside of school.
Among the many outstanding achievements of KTJ's students in extracurricular activities are regular attendance to international Model United Nations conferences such as THIMUN and NISPMUN. KTJ also has a proud legacy of excellence at the Southeast Asian Forensics competition, which is organised annually by ISKL. KTJ is also the current Malaysian national schools debating champion.
Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar extracurricular activities include:
• MUN (Model United Nations) • Red Crescent Society • PTPI (People To People International) • Innovators Club • Global Debates • Debating Union • Dance Club • Chess Club • Guitar Ensemble • Variety Dance Club (Indian Malay and Chinese) • ICT Club • Film Club • Photography Club • Journalism Society • Interact Club • Scrabble Club • Hip Hop/ Break Dance Club • Malay Language and Cultural Club • IYA (International Youth Awards) • Concert Band • Senior Choir • Buddhist Society • Christian Fellowship • Islamic Society • Maths Club • Science Invention Society • Strings • Junior Choir • Social Media Club • Forensics Society • Drama Club
Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar has a library with over 17000 books (a ratio of 27 books to each student).
Sponsors: Bank Negara Malaysia, Petronas, Shell