Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai
Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai (English: Someone has come back) is an Indian television show that aired on STAR Plus from 25 February 2017 to 18 June 2017. The show is produced by Sphere Origins, the show is a psychological thriller, and stars Surbhi Jyoti, Sharad Kelkar,Shoaib Ibrahim and Shaleen Malhotra in lead roles.
|Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai|
|Created by||Sphere Origins|
|Directed by||Santram Varma|
|Opening theme||"Lag Jaa Gale" by Palak Muchhal|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||33|
|Producer(s)||Sunjoy Waddhwa & Comall Sunjoy W.|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sphere Origins|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Original release||25 February –|
18 June 2017
The story revolves around the Shekhari Rajput family – a blind brother Rishabh Singh Shekhari (Sharad Kelkar) and his younger sister Gitanjali Singh Shekhari (Surbhi Jyoti). The story begins with the love story of Gitanjali and Captain Abhimanyu Singh Rathore (Shoaib Ibrahim), a military officer. Though refused by Rishabh, Gitanjali disobeys him and marries Abhimanyu. This outrages Rishabh but he later accepts them. The story takes a turn with the death of Abhimanyu in a car crash.
6 Years Later
Since Abhimanyu's body was never found Geetanjali believes him to be alive and has kept searching for him which has made her family very unhappy and they worry sick about her. Major Rajveer Malhotra childhood friend of Kavya and Geetanjali enters the show to reveal since the Indian Army hasn't found any trace of Abhimanyu being alive they have declared him dead. Geetu comes across a boy named Priyam of 6 years of age on the day of Abhimanyu's funeral who claims to be Abhimanyu's reincarnation at the old Fort where the couple had met once. Priyam is tested daily to know his real identity but surprisingly he passes all of them. Priyam is Devkinandan and Sunanda Khatri's son who are greedy and allow for Priyam to be adopted by Rishabh for Geetu's sake in exchange for a handsome sum of money, on the same as the Khatri couple reach home they find something suspicious and try to contact Geetu but are murdered before they can and their bodies are buried in the wall of their house, where they are found days later due to their stinking house. In the meantime Geetu agrees to marry Rajveer for the welfare of Priyam as he had become possessive of her. Priyam reveals that Abhimanyu had been murdered as Geetu is about to marry Rajveer. Geetu is on a mission to find the killer where Rishabh, and Rajveer are implicated and she breaks her friendship. As the plot unfolds driver who had been considered dead along with Abhimanyu is shown to be alive. As he gets caught Choti ma is framed as the killer and Geetu banishes Choti ma ( Ratna) and Kavya from the house. In between all this a mysterious womam named Ragini starts meeting Geetu claiming to be related to her. On the day of Karwa Chauth Geetu decides to fast for Priyam in order to find out who Ragini really is, but she comes face to face with Abhimanyu. Geetu is shocked as to who is telling the truth Priyam or Abhimanyu and goes insane. As Geetu is shifted to asylum Abhimanyu's family rejoices on completing their revenge against the Shekharis and the total plan is revealed as Rishabh to finds it out simultaneously. Geetu along with Rajveer plans for a revenge against Abhimanyu for tricking her maliciously and trying to force her to go insane. Geetu fakes her death and comes back as chamki in Abhimanyu's life according to her plan. Now chamki pretends to help Abhimanyu clear him from being convicted as Geetu's killer. Here Chamki has planned to stage attempts to kill her so that Abhimanyu starts believing her life is in danger and keeps blames his family and partners in crime for trying to create problems. At Geetu's birthday party Rishabh who thinks Abhimanyu should be punished plans to kill Chamki but comes to know she is Geetu and takes the arrow in him and is hospitalised. In between this Ratna reveals how she was raped by Abhimanyu's father when she was young and as she got pregnant with his child he got her married to Rishab's widower father even though she is the same age as Rishabh and also Kavya is biologically Bhavani Singh's daughter. Kavya realises she has nothing and blackmails Geetu to transfer the property in her name and Rajveer to marry her if she doesn't want Rishabh to die. Kavya has a partner Munshi ji and an unknown partner named saheb. The day of court hearing for Geetu's murder case begins where Abhimanyu is convicted for Chamki's murder and Geetu's identity is restored as per her plan in spite of Rishabh being kidnapped and Geetu threatened to clear the case. Abhimanyu escapes the courtroom and hits his car to a tree gets out of it places an unconscious look alike. Slowly it's revealed its Aditya Abhimanyu's twin brother posing as him in front of all to revenge from his own family. Bhavani Singh had tried to kill his second twin son when it was predicted the child would cause his death. Aditya who was that child had been saved and raised by Shekhari's Munshi with the story of his father's abandonment etched into his soul. So it was all along Aditya's plan to snatch everything of Abhimanyu's as he believes it was his fault Aditya was abandoned. Geetu suspects and plans to save her husband. Rishabh gets angry on Geetu and reveals both the families have long enmity between them and how he had loved Ragini she became pregnant with his child and he had to deceive her to believe he had played with her for the pride of his family. Its also revealed that Priyam is Ragini and Rishabh's child and it was Bhavani's men who had killed Ragini as soon as she gave birth to Priyam and he had diverted the blame on Rishabh so the whole family could help him take revenge. In between all this Abhimanyu(he doesn't know Aditya is his brother) and Aditya both jump from cliff while fighting near their jail. Now Aditya kills his parents and his guardian Munshi ji and sends Priyam to kill Rishabh claiming him to be the killer of Ragini. Priyam fails to hate Rishabh and hugs him. Some men kidnap Priyam and tie him up in a place with no light to die. Those men are revealed to be sent by Rishabh as he believes like the Rathores and Shekharis that love is a sin and Priyam is a product of love born out of wedlock so it was his fate to be killed. Aditya escapes from the fall Abhimanyu is hospitalised and only Geetu knows about Aditya. Aditya kidnaps Abhimanyu and blackmails Geetu to marry him in exchange for Abhimanyu's life(revealing to the couple he is Abhimanyu's brother as Geetu also didn't know), Abhimanyu frees himself from the ropes and fights with Aditya. Aditya escapes again. The couple reach home and witness the horror of finding Priyam tied up in a room full of skeletons and come to know everything from Rishabh himself and Kavya(who has read the story of enmity and honor killings from her mother's diary). Aditya returns and holds Geetu at gunpoint Rishabh comes in between to save her and make up for his sins against love. Aditya is arrested and everyone leaves happily.
- Surbhi Jyoti as Geetanjali Abhimanyu Singh Rathore (née Shekhari)/ gaura; Rishabh's younger sister, and Abhimanyu's wife / Chamki (disguised)
- Shoaib Ibrahim as Captain Abhimanyu Singh Rathore – Geetanjali's husband / Aditya Singh Rathore (Abhimanyu's twin younger brother)
- Sharad Kelkar as Rishabh Singh Shekhari; Geetanjali's older brother, Ragini's husband, and Varun's father
- Shaleen Malhotra as Rajveer Malhotra, Abhimanyu's friend and Geetanjali's lover
- Nivedita Bhattacharya as Ratna Singh Shekhari/ Chhoti Maa (Gitanjali and Rishabh's Step Mother/Kavya's Mother)
- Sreejita De as Kavya Singh Shekhari (Gitanjali and Rishabh's Step Sister)
- Ekroop Bedi as Chanda (Servant)
- Megha Gupta as Ragini Rishabh Singh Shekhari (née singh rathore), (Rishabh's Wife/Varun's Mother, abhimanyu and aditya's elder sister)
- Mita Vashisth as Bhairavi/ Kalyani Bhavani Singh Rathore (Ragini, Aditya and Abhimanyu's Mother)
- Sudesh Berry as Bhavani Singh Rathore ( Ragini, Aditya and Abhimanyu's Father)
- Rajsingh Verma as Inspector Vijay Salvi
- Mohit Sharma as Sevakram (servant)
- Rushad Rana as Devkinandan Khatri (Varun's Adoptive Father who along with Sunanda, named Varun Priyam)
- Sheetal Dabholkar as Sunanda Devkinandan Khatri (Varun's Adoptive Mother who along with Devkinandan, named Varun Priyam)
- Ashnoor Kaur as Young Gitanjali Singh Shekhari
- Darshan Jariwala as Judge
- Firoza Khan as Khushi
- Rajesh Kumar as Public Prosecutor Shukla
- Dipika Kakar as Guest Dance Performance
India Today stated, "Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai is a spellbinding psychological thriller that captivates its viewers with interesting plots and thrilling twists. And a welcome change from the ongoing supernatural shows."
- "Happy to recreate Lag Ja Gale for TV show Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai, says singer Palak Muchhal". Indian Express.
- "Star Plus' New Thriller 'Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai' Stars Surbhi Jyoti, Shoaib Ibrahim, Sharad Kelkar". India West.
- "'Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai' to go off air". Times Of India.
- "Sharad Kelkar to Play a Blind Man on 'Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai'". India West.
- "I told Gul Khan that let this be my last show out of your production house, says Shaleen Malhotra". Times Of India.
- "Actress Ekroop Bedi to play a pivotal role in 'Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai' – Times of India". Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- "Mita roped in for 'Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai' – Times of India". Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai – Clock Promo". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai – Starts 25th Feb". Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai review: A gripping show; it leaves you asking for more". India Today.
- "TV shows inspired from Bollywood". Times Of India.
- "Bikaner comes alive on this spooky show". Times Of India.