|Coordinates: 38°17′23″N 40°30′05″E|
|• Mayor||Rojda Nazlıer (HDP)|
|• Kaymakam||Yasin Yunak|
|• District||151.05 km2 (58.32 sq mi)|
|• District density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
In the local elections in March 2019 Rojda Nazlıer was elected mayor. In October 2019 she was dismissed and charged with being a member of a terrorist organization. The current District Governor is Yasin Yunak, who was also appointed as trustee after Nazlıer was dismissed.
During the conflict between the Turkish Government and the Workers' Party of Kurdistan (PKK), a part of the districts rural population was resettled urban areas.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Tahir Sezen, Osmanlı Yer Adları (Alfabetik Sırayla), T.C. Başbakanlık Devlet Arşivleri Genel Müdürlüğü, Yayın Nu 21, Ankara, p. 284.
- Şafak, Yeni (2019-11-13). "Diyarbakır Kocaköy Seçim Sonuçları – Kocaköy Yerel Seçim Sonuçları". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "Dismissed Kocaköy Co-Mayor Nazlıer Faces 15 Years in Prison". Bianet. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Kaymakam Yasin Yunak". www.kocakoy.gov.tr. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "Trustees appointed to 4 district municipalities in Turkey's southeast". DailySabah. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- Jongerden, Joost (2010-03-29). "Village Evacuation and Reconstruction in Kurdistan (1993-2002)". Études rurales (in French) (186): 77–100. doi:10.4000/etudesrurales.9241. ISSN 1777-537X.
- Kurdistan24. "Turkey declares curfew in Kurdish province of Diyarbakir". Kurdistan24. Retrieved 2019-11-13.