Klindworth-Scharwenka Conservatory

The Klindworth-Scharwenka Conservatory (German: Klindworth-Scharwenka-Konservatorium) was a music institute in Berlin, established in 1893, which for decades (until 1960) was one of the most internationally renowned schools of music. It was formed from the existing schools of music of Xaver Scharwenka and Karl Klindworth, the Scharwenka-Konservatorium and the Klindworth-Musikschule.[1] The former, with his brother Phillipp, consolidated the two.

Directors

  • 1881–1892: Xaver Scharwenka (Scharwenka-Konservatorium)
  • 1890–1892: Wilhelm Langhans (Scharwenka-Konservatorium)
  • 1883–1892: Karl Klindworth (Klindworth-Musikschule)
  • 1893–1905: Hugo Goldschmidt
  • 1893–1917: Philipp Scharwenka
  • 1898–1924: Xaver Scharwenka
  • 1905–1917: Robert Robitschek
  • 1929–?: Max Dawison
  • 1937–1954: Walter Scharwenka

Teachers

  • Conrad Ansorge
  • Wilhelm Berger
  • Fritz von Borries
  • Sergei Bortkiewicz
  • Gustav Bumcke
  • Max Butting
  • Hugo van Dalen
  • Harald Genzmer
  • Alfred von Glehn
  • Bruno Henze
  • Wolfgang Jacobi
  • Alberto Jonás
  • Hugo Kaun
  • Leo Kestenberg
  • Walter Kirchhoff
  • James Kwast
  • Télémaque Lambrino
  • Hugo Leichtentritt
  • Moritz Mayer-Mahr
  • Florizel von Reuter
  • Nino Rossi
  • Marie Schmidtlein
  • Alfred Szendrei
  • James Simon
  • Hans-Joachim Vetter
  • Wladimir Vogel

Students

References

  1. Singer, Sandra L. (2009). Adventures Abroad. Information Age Publishing. p. 171. ISBN 1-60752-073-7.

This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.