Klang High School

Klang High School or classically known as the Higher School Klang (Abbreviation: HSK or STK; Bahasa Malaysia: SMK Tinggi Klang; simplified Chinese: 巴生高等中学; pinyin: Bā Shēng Gāo Děng Zhong Xué, Tamil: கிள்ளான் உயர்நிலை பள்ளி) is a Malaysian national secondary school located at Jalan Meru about one km away from the Klang city centre in Selangor, Malaysia. It is situated beside the Klang District Education Office. It is a male-only school from Form 1 to Form 5. At the Sixth Form level, where students take their STPM, the classes have both male and female. Klang High School was one of the top-performing schools in Selangor during the British governance and until today, it is still among the respected schools in Selangor. Since its establishment, the school has produced numerous talents serving for the nation and overseas. In Klang, it is one of the most reputable schools known among Klang people.

Klang High School
SMK Tinggi Klang
巴生高等中学
Bā Shēng Gāo Děng Zhong Xué
கிள்ளான் உயர்நிலை பள்ளி
Emblem of the Klang High School
Location
,
Information
Other namesThe Higher School Klang, HSK, STK
TypeNational secondary school, former British government school
MottoProbitas Et Fides
(Loyalty and Integrity)
Established1928, Re-established in 1957, becoming SMK Tinggi Klang.
SessionDouble
GradesForm 1 - Form 6
Enrollment1,300 (approx.)
Medium of languageEnglish, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin Chinese, Tamil
Colour(s)Green, Yellow, White
YearbookSemarak
Websitewww.stk.edu.my

History

Klang High School was originally named Temporary English School and was open to students in Klang on 14 January 1928 with the beginning of the academic school year. At the beginning, the school conducted the class in a small hut at the current sports field of the school. English was taught to a small multi-cultural group of junior high school students.

The British government could feel the need of English education for this local community in Klang. Thus, after gaining approval from the British central government in Malaya, the school was given better facilities by the British government, particularly the buildings currently named "Block A" and "Block B". The main school block (Block A) was officiated by the Sultan of Selangor on 20 March 1930.

During the World War II, the small school struggled to remain open on a regular basis and in 1941, it was used by the British as the headquarters of the Medical Auxiliary Service for Klang. There were two doctors assisted by 52 nurses. However, the school went into ruin when the Japanese army invaded Klang. Innocent civilians serving the school were killed by the Japanese army and the school's facilities were damaged during the war. During the Japanese invasion, the school was used as a military base and also as medical camp. The school reopened after World War II having been used as a military hospital by the British Military Authority and the Japanese army.

After Malaysia's independence in 1957, it was known as Sekolah Tinggi Klang or by its acronym STK. By the end of the 1990s, the name was changed in accordance with Ministry of Education regulations to its current name, SMK Tinggi Klang.

Centennial celebration

The year 2028 will mark the 100th year anniversary since the establishment of the Klang High School in year 1928. The name of the school and its reincarnations has been a legend among many generations in Klang and Selangor. A grand celebration is expected in the year 2028. The administration, teachers, students, parents and old boys / alumni will help in organising the grand celebration of its 100th year anniversary that year.

School buildings

The school has thirteen blocks and one multipurpose hall. The blocks are named below, with the year each came into use:

  • 1928  Hospital block. Later used as the laboratories (Block B)
  • 1930  Main block (Block A)
  • 1948  Block H and I
  • 1961  Afternoon session laboratories (Block F)
  • 1969  School Library (Block G)
  • 1972  Biology, physics and chemistry laboratories (Block D)
  • 1980  Physics and chemistry laboratories with the staff room (Block C)
  • 1982  Block E
  • 1991  New block for sixth form classes (Block J)
  • 2001  New twin blocks (Block K & L)
  • 2002  New multipurpose hall (Dewan Putra)
  • 2003  Computer laboratory (Block M)
  • 2007  Teachers' Quarter 1 (Block N)
  • 2009  Teachers' Quarter 2 (Block O)

Facilities

  • Assembly Square (Dataran High School)
  • Basketball Court
  • Tennis Court and Volleyball Court
  • Library
  • Computer Laboratory
  • Surau Luqman al-Hakim
  • Mini Museum and Gallery
  • Living Skill Workshops
  • Hall and Badminton Court (Dewan Putra)
  • Old Hall (Balai Warisan)
  • Multipurpose Field
  • Hostel for Students (Asrama Putra)
  • Science Laboratories
  • Visual Art Workshop
  • Prefects' Chamber
  • Discipline Stop-Centers
  • Fish Pond
  • Teachers' Quarters
  • Band Room
  • Treatment Room
  • Three Canteens (Canteen A, B & C)
  • Book Stall
  • School Cooperative Stall

School anthem

School song
English: High School Klang
Adopted1928
Audio sample
High School Klang
  • file
  • help

Probitas Et Fides

O God almighty, we give thee thanks
For our school, the High School Klang
And for the teachers who daily guide us
With the answers to questions asked

Onward the spirit of close fellowship
And towards others in friendship and love
May we never be found wanting
The great courage of living and striving

Dear High School Klang
Our High School Klang
Thee our dear Alma Mater
Forward to serve we go now
May we love thee forever more

Principals

  • S.C.E. Singam (1928–1929)
  • P.V. Ponniah (1930-1931)
  • D. Roper (1932)
  • P.F. Howitt (1934)
  • H.R. Carey (1936)
  • E.R. Davies (1937)
  • C.W Bloomfield (1939)
  • E.F. Pearson (1940)
  • V.K. Chinniah (1941-1945)
  • C.W. Jackman (1946)
  • M. Campbell (1947)
  • T.K. Taylor (1948)
  • W. Burton (1950)
  • K. Arianayagam (1951–1952)
  • F.J. Rawcliffe (1953)
  • A. Williamson (1955)
  • N. Francis (1957)
  • J.M.B. Hughes (1957–1958)
  • C. Slowe (1958)
  • R.A. Wilson (1959)
  • Chye Kooi Ngan (1959)
  • Lee Mun Yui (1963- April 1963)
  • Wahidullah Khan (April 1968)
  • Austin Hooi (1969–1971)
  • Victor Gopal (1971–1973)
  • Foong See Tonn (1973–1982)
  • Zorkamain Abdul Rahman (June 1982 – 1985)
  • Haji Abdul Raof Hussin (1985–1987)
  • Kamaruddin Mansur (February 1988 – 1993)
  • Dr. Abdul Karim Md. Nor (1991-1994)
  • Haji Ani Sujak (1996–1997)
  • Haji Salihuddin Mohd. Said (1998–2001)
  • Madam Hajah Siti Aishah Abdullah (2001–2005)
  • Madam Hajah Sriyati Abdul Manan (2005–2009)
  • Haji Najib (2009)
  • Madam Hajah Huzaimah (2010-2012)
  • Madam Hajah Laila Ibrahim (2012-2014)
  • Yang Mulia Hajah Raja Rozita Raja Hanafi (2014 - current)

Administrators

  • Senior Assistant of Academic : Mdm. Umi Kalsom Mohd Wahi
  • Senior Assistant of Pre-University : Mdm. Azizah Badar
  • Senior Assistant of Students' Affair : Mdm. Zamizah Rafi'i
  • Senior Assistant of Co-Curricular : Mr. Mohamed Nizam bin Banaji
  • Senior Assistant of Afternoon Session : Mdm. Norani binti Mohamed

School's Old Boys Association Presidents

This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.