Kite skating, sometimes referred to as Kiteblading, is a land-based extreme sport that uses powerful and controllable kites to propel riders of inline skates or off-road skates. They can reach speeds up to 60+ mph across parking lots, desert dry lakes, grassy fields, and sandy beaches.
Four-line, steerable para-foil kites are used as the power source. Typically used in rough terrain, kite skates use large pneumatic tires (8 to 12 inch diameter). Similar to Kite ice skating.
- Extreme Kites (www.ExtremeKites.com.au) Reviews, Videos, News, Buyers Guide, Professional Rider Interviews, Forums, Galleries & More.
- Doomwheels Kite Skating History of kite skating, skate building instructions, learn to kite skate plus kite traction photo gallery.
- Kite Skating Resources Kite skate building supplies and instruction.
- Rockville All Terrain Sports US Manufacturer of Kiteblades.
- Kiteblading Ltd UK online shop specialising in Kiteblading equipment.
- Historical 1918 article on making a kite to hold while ice skating - Keyser, E.T. (December 1918). "Sailing on Skates". Popular Science. 93 (6): 82. ISSN 0161-7370.