The Russel H. Kirkhof Center is a student union on the main Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University located in Allendale, Michigan. The center, originally called “Campus Center”, was dedicated in 1974 and renamed to its current name in 1984.
Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University-Allendale campus
|Location||Center of Allendale campus|
Grand Valley State University
|Named for||Russel H. Kirkhof|
Main Level: The main level contains the University Bookstore, the 2020 Information Desk, a convenience store, coffee shop, movie theater, billiards, dining room, the LGBT Resource Center, Office of Multicultural Affairs, the Women's Center, and the Office of Student Life.
Second Level: The second level is mostly meeting spaces and conference rooms and is home to the Grand River Room and Pere Marquette Room.
Lower Level: The lower level contains the Grand Valley Lanthorn, River Landing food-court, Student Organization Center, dining rooms, Area 51, and the WCKS student radio station.
- 2001: 50,000 sq. ft. addition.
- 2007: 22,000 sq. ft. addition.
The newest addition to the Kirkhof Center is LEED certified.
- "Kirkhof Center GVSU". GLS. Archived from the original on September 1, 2010. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- "Home - 50th Anniversary". Grand Valley State University. Archived from the original on May 27, 2010. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- "Union Spotlight:Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University". Association of College Unions International. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "HOME - Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University". Grand Valley State University. Retrieved July 22, 2010.