Kings County, Prince Edward Island
Kings County (2016 population 17,160) is located in eastern Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Location of Kings County in Prince Edward Island.
|Incorporated Towns & Municipalities||Three Rivers (town), Souris (town)|
|Parishes||St. Patrick's Parish, East Parish, St. George's Parish, St. Andrew's Parish|
|Townships and royalties|
|• Total||1,686.34 km2 (651.10 sq mi)|
|• Density||10/km2 (26/sq mi)|
|Average Earnings per capita (2015)||$35,947|
It is the province's smallest, most rural and least-populated county. Kings County is also least dependent upon the agriculture industry compared with the other two counties, while being more heavily dependent on the fishery and forest industry. Comparatively large parts of the county are still forested and it hosts the province's largest sawmill. The only heavy industry, aside from forestry and industrial farming, is a small shipyard, although secondary manufacturing has been established in recent years.
- "Census Profile - Kings, CTY, Prince Edward Island (Census division)". Canada 2016 Census. Statistics Canada. 2016. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- "Census Profile - Kings, CTY, Prince Edward Island (Census division)". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. 2011. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Census Profile - Kings County, Prince Edward Island (Health region)". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. 2006. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Community profile - Kings County, Prince Edward Island (County)". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. 2001. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Electronic Area Profiles - Kings County Prince Edward Island". Canada 1996 Census. Statistics Canada. 1996. Retrieved 24 June 2014.