King Island Council
King Island Council is a local government body in Tasmania, encompassing King Island and the adjacent minor islands within Bass Strait, in the north-west of the state. The King Island local government area is classified as rural and has a population of 1,585, with Currie as the main town and administrative centre.
|King Island Council|
Map showing the King Island local government area.
|• Density||1.4/km2 (3.6/sq mi)|
|Established||1 January 1907|
|Area||1,100 km2 (424.7 sq mi)|
|Website||King Island Council|
History and attributes
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "King Island". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Agency Details: King Island Municipal Council". search.archives.tas.gov.au. Tasmanian Government. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Local government national report 2014-2015". regional.gov.au. Australian Government. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- King Island Council official website
- Local Government Association Tasmania
- Tasmanian Electoral Commission - local government