Kidnapped (1917 film)
Kidnapped is a 1917 American silent film adventure film directed by Alan Crosland for Edison Studios. It was based on the novel Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. The film only included selected parts of the story, and reinforced the then-developing romanticisation of the Scottish Highlands.
|Directed by||Alan Crosland|
|Written by||Robert Louis Stevenson (novel) |
Charles Sumner Williams (scenario)
|Starring||Raymond McKee |
On November 6, 2017, silent film blogger Fritzi Kramer, film editor Christopher Bird, and film accompanist/composer Ben Model launched a crowdfunded effort to put the film on DVD using the 16mm copy that the Library of Congress has.
- Raymond McKee as David Balfour
- Joseph Burke as Ebenezer Balfour
- Ray Hallor as Ransome
- William Wadsworth as Angus Ban Keillor
- Robert Cain as Alan Breck
- Walter Craven as Riach
- John Nicholson as Shuan
- Franklyn Hanna as Captain Hoseason (*Franklin Farnum)
- Samuel N. Niblack as Cluny McPherson (*as Samuel Niblack)
- Horace Haine as Colin Campbell (*as Horace Hane)
- James Levering as Minister
- Brown, Ian (2007). The Edinburgh History of Scottish Literature: Modern Transformations: New Identities (from 1918). Edinburgh University Press. p. 54. ISBN 9780748624829.
- MacDonald, Fiona (2007). Kidnapped. Salariya Publishers. p. 46. ISBN 9781904642046.
- The Library of Congress American Silent Film Survival Catalog:Kidnapped
- "Release KIDNAPPED (1917) + four short film on DVD". Kickstarter. Retrieved November 7, 2017.