Kick In (1931 film)
Kick In is a 1931 American pre-Code drama film produced by Famous Players-Lasky and distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film, based on the 1914 Broadway play by Willard Mack which had starred John Barrymore, was directed by Richard Wallace and starred the legendary Clara Bow in her last film for Paramount.
|Directed by||Richard Wallace|
|Produced by||Adolph Zukor|
Jesse L. Lasky
|Written by||Willard Mack (play)|
Bartlett Cormack (screenplay)
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|May 24, 1931|
The movie was filmed twice in the silent era: a version filmed in 1917 by Pathé and a 1922 version released by Paramount. The 1922 film, lost for over 80 years, was discovered to have been in the Gosfilmofond archive in Moscow and returned to the U.S. in 2010.
The 1931 version of Kick In is currently controlled by Universal Studios, who own or control all Paramount films made between 1929 and 1949. The 1931 Kick In has (as of 2011) never been broadcast on television.
- Clara Bow - Molly Hewes
- Regis Toomey - Chick Hewes
- Wynne Gibson - Myrtle Sylvester
- Juliette Compton - Piccadilly Bessie
- Leslie Fenton - Charlie
- James Murray - Benny LaMarr
- Donald Crisp - Police Commissioner Harvey
- Paul Hurst - Detective Whip Fogarty
- Wade Boteler - Detective Jack Davis
- The American Film Institute Catalog Feature Films 1931-40 c. 1993 by The American Film Institute
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films:Kick In