Kialla is a bounded rural locality of the City of Greater Shepparton local government area in the Goulburn Valley, Victoria, Australia. At the 2016 census, Kialla and surrounding area had a population of approximately 6,800.
Entering Central Kialla
|Population||6,817 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Shepparton|
Kialla includes the areas known as Kialla Central, Kialla West, Kialla Green and Kialla Lakes. Kialla Lakes is a major housing estate established in northern Kialla, with three man-made lakes to provide scenery. Houses with lake frontage sell for a premium price.
According to the 2016 census of Population, there were 6,817 people in Kialla.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people made up 1.6% of the population.
- 82.6% of people were born in Australia.
- 2.9% of people spoke only English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Italian at 1.9%.
- The most common responses for religion were Catholic 28.0%, No Religion 27.5% and Anglican 12.0%.
Shepparton Harness Racing Club conducts regular meetings at its racetrack in Kialla.
The Shepparton Greyhound Racing Club holds regular meetings at its track on the Goulburn Valley Highway in Kialla.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kialla, Victoria.|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Kialla (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- Australian Harness Racing, Shepparton, retrieved 11 May 2009
- Greyhound Racing Victoria, Shepparton, archived from the original on 31 March 2009, retrieved 15 April 2009
- Golf Select, Kialla, retrieved 11 May 2009