Keswick Creek and Glen Osmond Creek together form a watercourse flowing through the inner south-eastern, south-western and western suburbs of the Adelaide metropolitan area, in the Australian state of South Australia. The watercourse is part of the Patawalonga River catchment.
Course and features
The source of Glen Osmond Creek is in the south-eastern suburb of Glen Osmond, abutting the Adelaide Hills. Its original course through Myrtle Bank, Fullarton and Unley is obscured due the construction of drains along the original creek line.
A second stream known as Parklands Creek flows through the southern Adelaide Parklands and once ran roughly parallel to the Glen Osmond from an adjacent source in the hillside suburb. Following extensive drainage works in the south-eastern suburbs it is only now visible in the parklands, draining from the south-easterly adjacent suburb of Glenside. These two streams originally from Glen Osmond join at Wayville.
Downstream from Wayville the watercourse is known as Keswick Creek. From there flows are typically directed via a constructed drain through the inner western suburbs of Keswick, Mile End South, Richmond, Cowandilla, West Richmond and Brooklyn Park before draining along the eastern edge of Adelaide Airport to join Brown Hill Creek near Netley and ultimately the sea via drains to the Patawalonga River. To manage stormwater volumes the flows may alternatively be diverted into Brown Hill Creek earlier at the inner south suburb of Forestville, at which point Brown Hill Creek also takes the form of a constructed drain.
- "Placename Details: Keswick Creek". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. 19 September 2007. SA0036390. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Placename Details: Glen Osmond Creek". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. 19 September 2007. SA0026314. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Brown Hill Keswick Creek Catchment Stormwater Management Plan 2016 (PDF), City of Mitcham, March 2016, retrieved 10 January 2018
- Map showing Keswick and Glen Osmond creeks and drains within the Patawalonga catchment: "Brown Hill Keswick Creek Stormwater Project". Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Map showing Keswick and Glen Osmond creeks and drains within the Patawalonga catchment: Brown Hill Keswick Creek Catchment Stormwater Management Plan 2016 (PDF), City of Mitcham, March 2016, p. 202, retrieved 10 January 2018