Kenneth L. Johnson
Kenneth Langstreth Johnson FRS FREng (19 March 1925 – 21 September 2015) was a British engineer, Professor of Engineering at the University of Cambridge from 1977 to 1992 and a Fellow of Jesus College, Cambridge.
|Born||19 March 1925|
|Died||21 September 2015 90)(aged|
Awards and honours
- Smith, Roderick Arthur (2016). "Kenneth Langstreth Johnson. 19 March 1925 — 21 September 2015". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society. London: Royal Society. doi:10.1098/rsbm.2016.0012.
- "JOHNSON, Prof. Kenneth Langstreth". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com. 2016 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription or UK public library membership required) (subscription required)
- Johnson, Kenneth Langstreth (1954). An experimental investigation of the effects of an oscillating tangential force at the interface between elastic bodies in contact (PhD thesis). University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. OCLC 500485074.
- "Fellows". Royal Society. Archived from the original on 30 November 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- "Royal Medal Winners: 2007 - 1990". Archived from the original on 15 November 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "2006 Timoshenko Medal Acceptance Speech by Kenneth L. Johnson". Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- Smith, Roderick Arthur (2015). "Kenneth Johnson: Inspirational lecturer and researcher who wrote the definitive text on contact mechanics". independent.co.uk. London: The Independent. Archived from the original on 22 December 2015.