Kaye C. Vale Stacey (born 1948) is an Australian mathematics educator who held the Foundation Chair of Mathematics Education in the Graduate School of Education at the University of Melbourne for 20 years, from 1992 until her retirement in 2012. She is the editor-in-chief of Educational Designer, the journal of the International Society for Design and Development in Education.
Stacey has a bachelor's degree from the University of New South Wales. She earned a doctorate (D.Phil.) at the University of Oxford in 1974. Her dissertation The Enumeration of Perfect Quadratic Forms in Seven Variables concerned number theory and was supervised by Bryan John Birch. She also has a Diploma of Education from Monash University.
With Leone Burton and John Mason, Stacey is the author of the book Thinking Mathematically (Addison-Wesley, 1982; 2nd ed., Pearson, 2010).
- Birth year from Library of Congress catalog data, retrieved 2019-09-27
- Prof Kaye Stacey, University of Melbourne, retrieved 2019-09-27
- "Editorial & Contact details", Educational Designer, International Society for Design and Development in Education, retrieved 2019-09-27
- Kaye Stacey at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Reviews of Thinking Mathematically:
- Morris, J. (November 1982), Mathematics in School, 11 (5): 46, JSTOR 30214346CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Glaeser, G. (February 1983), Educational Studies in Mathematics, 14 (1): 104–105, JSTOR 3482310CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Bradshaw, Noel-Ann (2010), "Review", MSOR Connections, 10 (3): 49–50, doi:10.11120/msor.2010.10030049
- Sykes, John (January 2011), Mathematics in School, 40 (1): 37–38, JSTOR 23269158CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Karaali, Gizem (September 2011), "Review", MAA Reviews
- Tennant, Geoff (July 2012), The Mathematical Gazette, 96 (536): 362, doi:10.1017/S0025557200004782, JSTOR 23248587CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)