The Kawanishi J3K (long designation: Navy Kawanishi 17-shi Interceptor fighter Otsu (B)) was an interceptor fighter developed by the Japanese company Kawanishi Kōkūki KK in the early 1940s.
|Manufacturer||Kawanishi Aircraft Company|
|Primary user||Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service (intended)|
Design and development
The J3K was developed in parallel to the Kawanishi N1K-J Shiden but was abandoned in the early stages of development.
- Length: 10.12 m (33 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 12.5 m (41 ft 0 in)
- Max takeoff weight: 4,370 kg (9,634 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Mitsubishi MK9A 18-cylinder two-row air-cooled radial piston engine, 1,600 kW (2,200 hp)
- Propellers: 4-bladed Constant-speed propeller
- Maximum speed: 685 km/h (426 mph, 370 kn)
- Service ceiling: 10,800 m (35,400 ft)